when its all done should meet up at sunny coast
    be awsome to see it first hand ..
    DA9 B18c2
    http://www.facebook.com/RisingSunBaseJumping
    Base Jumping & Wingsuit Flying is my LIFE

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9,DA3,EG,DA9
    Ok so Heres 'the holesaw job'. for 93Integra and anyone else who may be interested..

Firstly, to make life easier for yourself, remove the right hand inner guard, air box and even intake pipe if you want.
    (its only necessary to remove the bottom half of the air box so you can undo the clips holding the 2 halves of the air box together and just hold the top half and intake pipe out of the way while you remove the bottom half)

once the air box is out the way you can begin to remove the resonator much easier if you get the inner guard out of the way.

now to cutting holes. this first one isnt necessary as the factory ducting flows a reasonable amount of air into the box. however if you want to get the most you can leave the factory ducting in place, but cut out a lager hole in the front of the box. now your getting air from the ducting and from around the headlight.

the battery is a good heat shield from the motor, so next we can cut a hole in the side of the box without having to worry about it sucking hot air

your air box should now have three holes in it. 1 in the bottom where the resonator was, 1 in the front and 1 in the side. all thats left to do now is put it back together and enjoy a mild increase in power and economy and an awesome intake note!

NOTE 1: make sure you only cut up the bottom section of the air box. cutting holes in the top half will allow unfiltered air into you engine.

Note 2: whilst this mod lets in more air it also lets in more dirt therefore you may need to clean your filter more regularly. Because if its all clogged up it defeats the purpose of cutting the holes.

Hope this helps. sorry theres no pics of the holes cut in the box or of the resonator removal, it appears all those pics are lost for good. might use my parts teg one day and make a proper DIY on this.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9,DA3,EG,DA9
    Quote Originally Posted by Latino CRX View Post
    when its all done should meet up at sunny coast
    be awsome to see it first hand ..
    Sure! always keen for a cruise!

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9,DA3,EG,DA9
    Looks like turbo plans are changing... buying a bigger turbo later in the week! will update original post when I get it.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    I did similar to above but many small holes,the oem setup with this mod feels best to me

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9,DA3,EG,DA9
    BIGGER TURBO!!! And wastegate.
    turbo - Garrett GT2835-56T
    wastegate - Tial Sport 38mm

Last edited by menacer; 15-09-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    Good choice! Albeit a controversial turbo amongst some of the Nissan guys. I believe these are the same as the GT3071R?
    http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...00382-3_20.pdf

I am running the .86 rear housing version of these. You can check the little metal plate on the CHRA (middle bit) of the turbo for the model number to confirm.
    Last edited by mooshie; 14-09-2012 at 08:35 PM.
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9,DA3,EG,DA9
    yea 700382-3.
    will be interesting to see if i can get it to fit? how'd urs go?

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9,DA3,EG,DA9
    Well sadly 2012 finishes with this project a long way from done.. hopefully 2013 will be kinder. My shed should be up by feburary which will help alot. (assuming council stops making things difficult.) hopefully once its up things can get serious.

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Lovely DA, keep up the good work
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    love it!!

keen to keep track on this!
    snapping 2nd..