Thread: EG White Smoke

Banned Array
    Car:
    Nothing... Yet!!!11!!

EG White Smoke

Hey guys,

My mate has a 93 i think EG with a d series vtec engine in it.. It blows smoke he saw it last night...

Doesnt blow smoke on idle... he said he doesnt know if it blows smoke when its cold BUT it does when its hot and when he was givin it a squirt the harder the squirt the smoke comes out more.

Does anyone think it may or maybe not come from the rocer cover gasket? or maybe even the head gasket is fukd?

Thanks guys

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Early signs of a head gasket needing replacing. Coolant is getting into the combustion chamber and being ignited with the fuel and air producing that white smoke.

Take off the oil cap stick your finger inside around the edges. And examine if its a milky colour. IF it is the head gasket is cracked somewhere and is leaking coolant into the combustion chamber.
    Also pop the radiator overflow tank and have a look inside. Anything other than the green colour [usually green] is bad.

Tell your mate to stop giving it squirts and baby it more if he wants it to last. If he doesnt have these symptoms yet, and white smoke only when his thrashing it.
    Last edited by DakDak; 02-08-2012 at 09:23 PM.
    Choke dealer

Banned Array
    Car:
    Nothing... Yet!!!11!!
    thank you dakdak... i was leaning more to the headgasket

im looking for the d series kits and ive found them but they are all US market...

would they be the same for us?

they used D16Z6 which is an Si d series vtec... would the fitment is the same to our vti?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Mate. I dont know squat about D series sorry. Except my EG Breeze was a D something twin carb. Blew so much blue smoke. Then it blew up around 270000km

LOL
    Choke dealer

Banned Array
    Car:
    Nothing... Yet!!!11!!
    lol fair enough tahnks champ

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4 D15
    Yeah, I reckon it's the head gasket. Same thing happen with my old ED6 with D15b4 engine in it. I keep on losing coolant and if you open the rad and the reservoir you'll see a milky kind of fluid in it (Not green anymore) that's because the oil and coolant are already mixing with each other. Aside from a headgasket, it could also be a cracked cylinder head which is far worst than a blown head gasket.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    white smoke = head gasket failure.
    black smoke = carbon (unburnt fuel)
    blue smoke = Worn Piston Rings
    Grey smoke is piston rings AND Head gasket LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Oil burning