Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Good info. I'm currently converting my AH Civic '87 to D16A3 EFI. Does anybody know if the DA3 Integra tank will bolt into my Civic?

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Id say not, totally diffreent chassis design.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    DA9 Tank it is!

Thanks for that mate! Would non-stop rep if I could.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Thanks guys! Glad the info was helpful for others.

Just abit of extra info...

In the first page with the photo of the DA9 tank, on the right you can see the two main hardline fuel lines which would connect to the cabin. These hardlines are a bit long and can be cut to a shorter length inorder to run the connecting hose DIRECTLY to the hardlines inside the cabin.

I left mine untouched and just routed longer pieces of hose back to the cabin hardlines making sure there was enough hose for it not to kink.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    have you finished the conversion? so very keen for a writeup!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    Couple of things here.

Firstly, yeah, great writeup. Really appreciate any little bits of info that make life easier when doing mods like this.

Secondly, remember all low-pressure lines are held on by little clips; pressure lines, on the other hand, should use correct EFI hose and worm-screwed hose clamps. Also note the difference between plastic fuel filters (low pressure) and metal filters (EFI). Use a metal filter on EFI hose.

Finally, be careful cutting hardlines as you will see that some have their ends flared to allow a pressure clamp to sit over it giving a better fit and seal. Cutting this off leaves you with nothing to stop the pressure hose from "popping" off or dislodging. Might pay to invest in a beading tool to give that OEM look and functionality.

Peter
    Last edited by jdm_b16a; 21-09-2012 at 07:48 AM.
    Still here. Still kickin'

Quote Originally Posted by jdm_b16a View Post
    Couple of things here.

Firstly, yeah, great writeup. Really appreciate any little bits of info that make life easier when doing mods like this.

Secondly, remember all low-pressure lines are held on by little clips; pressure lines, on the other hand, should use correct EFI hose and worm-screwed hose clamps. Also note the difference between plastic fuel filters (low pressure) and metal filters (EFI). Use a metal filter on EFI hose.

Finally, be careful cutting hardlines as you will see that some have their ends flared to allow a pressure clamp to sit over it giving a better fit and seal. Cutting this off leaves you with nothing to stop the pressure hose from "popping" off or dislodging. Might pay to invest in a beading tool to give that OEM look and functionality.

Peter
    Thanks for the tip Peter!

I basically used everything from the DA9 which was the donour car, just added in new EFI hoses and re-used the hose clamps that came with the DA9.... Should I change these hose clamps to new items?

I also bought a new DA9 fuel filter and mounted it onto the firewall to keep everything DA9 spec.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by ouch View Post
    have you finished the conversion? so very keen for a writeup!
    No I haven't, taking my time to make sure everything is done properly. Hopefully it will be in a drivable state soon though.

Member Array
    Car:
    crak whore
    For anyone that reads this in the future da9 tank cannot be used for ed hatch. filler points are in different positions. I learnt this the hard way
    you kunts are just too busy flippin burger pattys for me while im waiting in the drive through of mcdonalds in my s2k with my blonde bitch in the passenger seat.

Quote Originally Posted by CivicEGSI View Post
    For anyone that reads this in the future da9 tank cannot be used for ed hatch. filler points are in different positions. I learnt this the hard way
    Yeah sorry this is true.

But you can change the filler connecting hose and it will still work. I'm now using an EF9 tank in my car (sedan)

Member Array
    Car:
    crak whore
    Yeah, can always just get a longer filler hose.
    you kunts are just too busy flippin burger pattys for me while im waiting in the drive through of mcdonalds in my s2k with my blonde bitch in the passenger seat.