Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9

Best coilovers for street use?

Hello, just wondering what are people's thoughts on the best overall coilovers for a street car? Drive an EK1, no intention on tracking, just street driving. Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover

Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9
    I'm looking for something cheaper though. I'm looking for something different to that thread. Probably <$1000. Money is pretty tight. I just need something that'll give a decent drop in height that's decently comfortable for everyday use and can still clear speed bumps, as there are heaps where I live. Like I said, no intention on tracking and I have no interest in slamming or camber..

Second hand, what do you recommend?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    spring + shocks is ur answer, something like koni yellow shocks mated to teins S-tech or Eibachs
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9
    Would it end up costing the same as coilovers?

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    Bc racing coilovers are around that, but probably slightly over. But once you go coilovers you lose comfort substantially, especially when lowered. I can take you for a spin in my ride if your in sydney, ive got the older generation of bc racing coilovers. I think for the price they're very good, i know of a few cars tracking them and they are happy for what they are.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by ctx View Post
    Would it end up costing the same as coilovers?
    yes but last twice as long and offer a substantially larger range of damping adjustability
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9
    Quote Originally Posted by ceekay101 View Post
    Bc racing coilovers are around that, but probably slightly over. But once you go coilovers you lose comfort substantially, especially when lowered. I can take you for a spin in my ride if your in sydney, ive got the older generation of bc racing coilovers. I think for the price they're very good, i know of a few cars tracking them and they are happy for what they are.
    I'm in VIC

Is the loss in comfort really that substantial? I'd want to retain some of it if possible, hence why I'm looking for non-racing coils. Anyone have opinions on Megans?

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    Ahhh ok. I Think it is. Factory hondas are pretty smooth, think the dc2r is one of the bumpiest stock cars ive been in and coilovers are heaps worse. But you sacrifice comfort for handling... Or atleast on the cheaper end. Maybe on the super expensive end you can retain some comfort while still getting good perforance.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    spring + shocks is ur answer, something like koni yellow shocks mated to teins S-tech or Eibachs
    +1 Im getting koni yellow shocks and ground control sleeves for my ek.
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

i just got some tokico coilovers. Heres a review I just finished writing:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...co-R-Coilovers

They might still be just out of your price (about 1100 shipped) but i reckon the definitely met your requirements.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by TbM View Post
    +1 Im getting koni yellow shocks and ground control sleeves for my ek.
    Many in the states swear by that setup, an use it alot in autoX so it must be good lol

But OP remember the main difference from coilover vs spring/shock, is for the simple fact that coilovers use a linear spring rate, which is great on track, piss poor on dd car.... which might explain the bumpy ride but than again its also down to the damper settings, where as on all oem and aftermarket springs like teins, kings and eibachs u will find they are the same design, progressive spring rate, fantastic on dd, but also can be just as good as coilover on track.

Considering that comfort is of a priority and adjust-ability and height isnt of importance, best off spending the dough on quality gear than not so good coilovers
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC