Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz VTI 2005

Question [VIC] 80k Major Service recommended service centres for modded jazz GD3?

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a place to do my 80k (major) service very soon. Any recommendation on service centre that will took care of your mods car? Also, i was wondering how much it would roughly cost?

I used to be sending my cars to WardWhile motorsports at boxhill but unfortunately they had already closed down plus some horrible experiences i've heard from others at this forum. I used to trust them cause so far they are they are the only one who doesn't deal any damage to my car, especially bodykits.

I've been to many places and told the mechanics to be really careful with my bodykits and eventually they cracked it and then they tell me there is nothing they can do, its an accident... after i told them to be careful and how to jack the car everytime.

The worst experiences that i ever had is i drop my car to service at m1 motors at Nunawading and when i pick up joe told me my wheels was dent and its not his fault. It was totally fine when before i drop my car. Also m1 motors charged me for the air-con service and gas refill and i realised they didn't get the job done because i brought my car somewhere else they told me that the gas has never been filled...

Been to Racing Project at Nunawading couple of times, they cracked my sideskirts after i told the mechanic to becareful and he's not very happy after i saw what he did and complaint. Any job that is do able or possible to fix but doesn't cost much they will tell you that "Your condition is severe, it can't be fixed, you will need to buy the new whole thing for replacement" and usually such problem anyone could have fix that...

So if anyone have good experiences with any place for servicing their mods car and wouldn't mind to share i'll be really appreciate.

Thank you.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    Do u have super low kit or something? I've been to racing projects and they have 2 hoists a regular 4 point and a scissor type, both accommodate lowered cars.
    Think diying would b best, u can take the best care of it.
    Why hello there

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz VTI 2005
    Hi Shadou,

Thank you for your replied. Yea, my kit is kinda low. Been there many times but they still damaging my bodykits lol.
    I'm quite sick with their attitude sometimes. There is once when i pick up my car i saw the screw of my side skirt had losen and the crack of the side skirt when i asked the mechanic he got pissed off said i accuse him, he said if i don't trust him he asked me don't come back anymore and he don't want to deal business with me. I've checked the car before i drop and the crack wasn't there before plus the screw was tighten.
    Last edited by vanishingpoint; 05-08-2012 at 09:07 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    uh huh like i said DIY is your best bet cos you will take the amount of care you require, if u can buy a jack form costco, it's good for lowered cars, 80k isn't hard; from memory, fluid replacements (oil, gearbox, coolant), spark plugs, fuel filter (wouldn't bother if you use 98 octane).
    all the fluids require the car to be jacked and on stands but spark plugs and fuel filter you can do on flat surface so if you aren't confident get a mechanic to do them.
    Why hello there

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3-EVO-S2000
    if you want..take pictures of your car before you go to the workshop and if the damage exceeds, show them the proof, and yes accuse them of damaging your car, that is what they did right? plus customer is always right, they're insurance will cover the damage, if they cant work on a car without damaging it, they shouldnt do it in the first place. you got to stand up to them. plus they arnt the only mechanics in sydney.
    Herro

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul.Z View Post
    if you want..take pictures of your car before you go to the workshop and if the damage exceeds, show them the proof, and yes accuse them of damaging your car, that is what they did right? plus customer is always right, they're insurance will cover the damage, if they cant work on a car without damaging it, they shouldnt do it in the first place. you got to stand up to them. plus they arnt the only mechanics in sydney.
    melbourne.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz VTI 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul.Z View Post
    Hi Paul,
    Actually, i've thought about it before lol. But i'm pretty sure they will pissed off if they saw me took photos right outside the workshop lol, if i took at home they might gonna say i cracked it earlier and trying to blame to them lol.

Thank you for your feedback

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Spark plugs at 100K
    Oil change
    Fuel filter supposedly ( E10 cleans better than 98, as ethanol is a strong solvent ) my GD was running as new at 100K on the original filter before I sold it.
    Valve clearance check ( a largish job as inlet manifold etc need to be removed to get rocker cover off )

If you do the fuel filter and valve clearances in the service, I wouldn't expect much change from $1000.

Sounds like you've had idiots working on your car with all that damage done.
    Last edited by fundies; 07-08-2012 at 08:14 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi-S 07 Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by fundies View Post
    Fuel filter supposedly ( E10 cleans better than 98, as ethanol is a strong solvent ) my GD was running as new at 100K on the original filter before I sold it.
    I was under the impression that a filter just trapped contaminants. What happens to the contaminants and where do they go when the E10 does its cleaning?

Cheers
    Artie

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    it's hard to work on cars with low kits, you have to use the extension pads and even then, depending on the kit, the arms could still crush it
    Why hello there

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    From all reports, yes filters trap both soluble and insoluble particles, many being soluble types which can be broken down by the solvent properties of ethanol in E10. A filter wil eventually get clogged by insoluble particles, but I guarantee it's way further than 80K km's. The problem really, is Honda putting in a difficult to replace/expensive in tank filter, not very DIY friendly, that's for sure. I bet there are heaps of 100K plus Jazzes getting around on original fuel filters with no problems at all.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz VTI 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fundies View Post
    Spark plugs at 100K
    Oil change
    Valve clearance check ( a largish job as inlet manifold etc need to be removed to get rocker cover off )

If you do the fuel filter and valve clearances in the service, I wouldn't expect much change from $1000.

Sounds like you've had idiots working on your car with all that damage done.
    hi fundies,

Thx for your replied. Yea, unfortunately i still haven't found someone who is trustworthy yet lol. Thats why i'm here to seek for recommendation see if i could found some better place, or else i have to go back to these people again.

Cheers.