Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5

only genuine honda fluid??

hey guys ive looking up on google and it didnt really give me the answer and thats why im asking it here. i was going through my owner manual the other day and realised that it said WARNING only use genuine honda power steering fluid. so i went over to my car and had a look at the power steering fluid level and it was close to the min mark. so it just kept me wondering. do i really need to use it? cause i did overheard from a mechanic talking to customer once saying u have to use the genuine fluid. :/ anyone here with any ideas or experience? thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...Number=1353127

From what i've heard... Honda PSF is slightly thicker than others and i think it's a more resists frothing a buit better... shrugs.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 05-08-2012 at 10:36 PM. Reason: typo
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5
    soo i cant use non genuine power steering fluid?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Goku View Post
    soo i cant use non genuine power steering fluid?
    You probably can if the non-OEM says it's Honda-OEM spec.

dunno how it would go tho.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

ESPECIALLY for the power steering.....

Only use genuine Honda power steering fluid.

Its not like the Honda stuff is that expensive and I find their fluids and oils to be of high quality anyway =)

Better stick with OEM than finding out the hard way with a big bill
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    NO WONDER why my PS is always groaning and shit...

shit mechanic is shit..
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    I believe Lucas sells an PS fluid addictive that makes any old ps fluid Honda OEM spec.

Ps fluid (and to an lesser extent Brake fluid) are the only thing I use OEM

oem honda stuff is good and cheap. I'd use OEM honda stuff in non honda cars rather then getting shit from autobarn lol

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by BG-33P View Post
    oem honda stuff is good and cheap. I'd use OEM honda stuff in non honda cars rather then getting shit from autobarn lol
    Not sure you want to use Honda PS fluid on non Honda cars.... Considering the fluid property is different....

Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5
    yeah i better make my way down to the closest honda dealership and get a bottle then haha. thanks guys!!

hondas are like high upkeep girlfriends.

They demand only the real deal goods. If you feed them fake brands or cheaper stuff they WILL break down.....literally lol.