Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DC2R Questions

Quote Originally Posted by EG52NV View Post
    Baller!
    Come again?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    if you want wider seats just get the sr4 recaros from the dc5r and use your stock rails

Quote Originally Posted by DTN View Post
    if you want wider seats just get the sr4 recaros from the dc5r and use your stock rails
    Cheers! Now to try and find some lol...

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2
    I have no idea where you're from but if ur in syd maybe check these out, much more room on the seat than sr3 recaros.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-CIV...item3f1aa321d2
    Last edited by mikool247; 07-08-2012 at 07:15 PM.

well i rang recaro today and they told me to get a towel and a piece of board and but it on the bolster and push really hard which will bend them out a bit if you try hard enough. they told me its a common fix? ill sus it out more and see what happens if i dont do any good ill have to replace the seats. cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    With regards to headers; keep in mind that jdm spec headers (such as toda) will not bolt up directly to the oem cat and catback... It's been covered on here a lot before if you want more info but basically if you do try and put jdm headers onto stock catback you will have to either use the audm cat converter and but a bit off the stock catback, OR use a jdm cat converter and weld an extension onto the catback....

Here is one of the threads with more info, made by Rhys up here in brisbane

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...st-differences

Concerning noise, I recently installed toda headers, high flow jdm cat and fujitsubo rm01a... It is definitely louder but there is no droning sound like with a lot of setups... Combined with my injen intake the vtec sound is absolutely awesome

And about oil, I have used penrite sin 5w-60, nulon full synthetic 10w-40 and am currently using penrite ten tenths racing 10w-40... As long as you go full synthetic you really can't go too wrong so just read around and make your own decision at the end of the day... You'll probably change it in 5000 kms anyway so experiment a bit and find one that works best for your car...

All the best with the new car, congratulations on the purchase!

Quote Originally Posted by TGW92 View Post
    With regards to headers; keep in mind that jdm spec headers (such as toda) will not bolt up directly to the oem cat and catback... It's been covered on here a lot before if you want more info but basically if you do try and put jdm headers onto stock catback you will have to either use the audm cat converter and but a bit off the stock catback, OR use a jdm cat converter and weld an extension onto the catback....

Here is one of the threads with more info, made by Rhys up here in brisbane

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...st-differences

Concerning noise, I recently installed toda headers, high flow jdm cat and fujitsubo rm01a... It is definitely louder but there is no droning sound like with a lot of setups... Combined with my injen intake the vtec sound is absolutely awesome

And about oil, I have used penrite sin 5w-60, nulon full synthetic 10w-40 and am currently using penrite ten tenths racing 10w-40... As long as you go full synthetic you really can't go too wrong so just read around and make your own decision at the end of the day... You'll probably change it in 5000 kms anyway so experiment a bit and find one that works best for your car...

All the best with the new car, congratulations on the purchase!
    Thanks for that info the car is epic I love it the vtec is awesome even in stock form I missed it so much I had a vti-r prelude when I was younger went to the V8 scene for a while but got sick of fueling and insuring it. The type r is just as fun if not more! It handles like it's on rails. It has fully adjustable suspension. So yea that will be my plan toda headers and get a decent exhaust shop to mod the OEM exhaust with a 200 cell cat

Yep Trev has it covered. I think what you suggested above is a great idea. Most of your power gain is going to come from the aftermarket header and cat, so it makes sense to change these. If noise is a concern, the oem catback does a great job of keeping things quiet. I'm running JDM 4-1 headers with a jdm cat paired to the oem catback and it is as quiet as stock off vtec. If you don't want to modify your oem catback to make it all fit (in case you change your mind or want to sell), you can use a jdm type r oem b pipe. This will directly bolt up to your aftermarket cat and stock axleback with no need for modifications. I believe a spoon b pipe will also work.
    Last edited by rhys.l; 08-08-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Teg
    One of the greatest stock cars to drive.. I've had mine a few years and my only mod is a mugen intake, mugen is similar to oem sound but a little beefier with a lower tone.. I've put a straight pipe on, but its shit and annoying unless you are on the track.. Everytime I sway towards an exhaust I realise that I'd be disappointed with how lame it sounds, the noise from the motor/intake and exhaust (what little it produces) creates is perfect.

So leave it stock, jdm headers aren't really worth it when you will harly notice it, so just pick up an intake for fun a some good tyres. As stated above a great header and highflow cat matched up to the oem catback would be ideal.

My car has done 145k and still runs like a baby. Most motors see 250k+ easily if maintained, B series is no exception.

Yea Motul full syn is good oil, lately I've been using Motul 8100 X-cess 5w-40, it's like $20 cheaper than Royal Purple(~$99) with negligible difference..
    Last edited by slingsy; 08-08-2012 at 05:18 PM.
    All Motor

Quote Originally Posted by slingsy View Post
    One of the greatest stock cars to drive.. I've had mine a few years and my only mod is a mugen intake, mugen is similar to oem sound but a little beefier with a lower tone.. I've put a straight pipe on, but its shit and annoying unless you are on the track.. Everytime I sway towards an exhaust I realise that I'd be disappointed with how lame it sounds, the noise from the motor/intake and exhaust (what little it produces) creates is perfect.

So leave it stock, jdm headers aren't really worth it when you will harly notice it, so just pick up an intake for fun a some good tyres.

My car has done 145k and still runs like a baby. Most motors see 250k+ easily if maintained, B series is no exception.

Yea Motul full syn is good oil, lately I've been using Motul 8100 X-cess 5w-40, it's like $20 cheaper than Royal Purple(~$99) with negligible difference..
    Again great info thanks heaps mate! I'll look into a mugen intake.