Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R

Help on modding my FD2

hey guys i was just wondering what mods i can do my car up to increase the power n torque so that its more enjoyable to drive.
    i was thinking of getting a injen CAI but if i do get that id have to get a type R intake manifold and a ECU to tune it.
    Any ideas how much power id get out of these mods roughly and will i feel the difference in low to high rpms and it is worth the money?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    worth is your opinion.

you will feel a difference in high RPM.

save the tune till you've got all the mods you want

apart from that, you're not going to gain a lot out of that engine unfortuantely
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    oh ok i thought fd2 engines the k20z were good for modding as compared to the R18's as what i heard.

i spoke to the guys at jdmyard and they said you will feel a difference overall in power and torque, low - high rpm with the Injen CAI, FD2 type R intake manifold + ECU tune.
    i mean i just want to feel that little bit of extra power and torque but not overly done due to budget wise.
    And what other mods can i do up to give it abit more power/ torque ? besides the exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    ecu/cai/IM will cost you more than you can get out of it in terms of more power

tbh... with the fd just spend ur money on handling and aesthetic mods (unless ur game enough to turbo it)... not much point wishing for bolt-on power.. the sad sad truth=[

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Thanks guys for the info =) just wondering ive seen your car on sale black8thgen with a few mods to it, can u feel any noticeable change after modding your car? does it feel a tad quicker?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by David321 View Post
    oh ok i thought fd2 engines the k20z were good for modding as compared to the R18's as what i heard.

i spoke to the guys at jdmyard and they said you will feel a difference overall in power and torque, low - high rpm with the Injen CAI, FD2 type R intake manifold + ECU tune.
    i mean i just want to feel that little bit of extra power and torque but not overly done due to budget wise.
    And what other mods can i do up to give it abit more power/ torque ? besides the exhaust
    it's not like you won't notice it at all, you'll notice a bit of extra kick and you'll get used to it and want more... It's a vicious cycle.

the k20z2 isn't very good, however the k20z3 and k20z4 are.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    Nah no gains. The only thing that worked was my ethrottle controller everything else is probably just a mentality thing. But keep in mind I didn't really do anything seekin performance was just for roar =D

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    ohh ok wow not even a slight feel of difference with the intake? and what is the ethrottle controller? and also did you tune your car?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by David321 View Post
    ohh ok wow not even a slight feel of difference with the intake? and what is the ethrottle controller? and also did you tune your car?
    ethrottle is essentially a signal amplifier for your digital throttle.

the car's throttle is quite unresponsive, probably has 10%WOT in the first 30% of pedal travel, 70%WOT in the next 40% and the last 20%WOT in the remaining 30% of pedal travel

the tune would've made the real difference, but there's not many easy tuning options for the k20z2 as far as i'm aware (i wouldn't really know, just going off a gut feeling)

David, the sound is worth everything in my opinion
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Thanks curtis, just another question as i have never had a CAI installed, does the sound that it make sound like an exhaust? and withthe CAI and Intake Manifold installed will it increase fuel effiecency as well? and how much do the ethrottle go for + installation , thanks alot =)

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    nah no way does it sound like an exhaust. exhausts sound like fart, intake sounds like a growl. Much better sound than an exhaust anyday

not quite the same engine but you get the idea

ethrottles are around 350 or something i think
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    e throttle is good.

get it handling well. Coils. Rear sway bar. rims.

or get it looking good. bodykit and stance etc. Imo they're the best looking civic.

Forget about making it fast in a straight line unless you want to drop 10k+ on an integer/accord (k2a,K24) engine). Or boosting.

If your serious feel free to ask more in terms of specifics and brands etc. But (no offence to you) most people who ask lots don't end up taking the knowledgable advice on here.

stance > fenders