Member Array
    Car:
    Flying Carpet

Question Exhaust too loud

hey,i just wanted to know if theres a D.I.Y to make my exhaust quiter. all i have is a cannon tip but its really loud and im going for my p's in 2 weeks and dont want the passenger to be pissed or even get a defect. if theres any d.i.y that i can use for that day please let me know.
    SingleCammerJammer

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    run a silencer, thats all u can really do since its just a cannon, if not change it to a different muffler
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>Crx Delsol
    Saw some youtube video where they shove some sort thing down the cannon to stop the noise. Seemed to work, LOL. but can't find the vid.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 CTR
    Probably steel wool, if not just get a small piece of thin steel or tin or whatever cut oit a hole smaller than the exhaist and fit it between the joins on the exhaust. This will limit the amount of air going through and should quiten it down.
    AKA: The Spaniard! +1 Rep me if you find my posts useful.

steel wool or chicken wire

Member Array
    Car:
    wheely bin
    as mentioned above steel wool and chicken wire do the trick most of the time

one of the guys in my hotrod club used to get old barbies heads and filled his muffler with them lol it worked for a while :P but not recommended
    bennjamin says:
    bennys penis shrunk abt when i started taking the 250 to 17000 llover the place

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    Steel wool + Cotton - stick it in there nice and tight. Should dampen it alot. Just make sure you clean it up nicely afterwards.

Peace.

Member Array
    Car:
    Flying Carpet
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyH View Post
    Saw some youtube video where they shove some sort thing down the cannon to stop the noise. Seemed to work, LOL. but can't find the vid.
    benny i seen that like a few months ago and im looking for it again aswell and the guy shoved like this metal sponge thingy ayye if you found it please link it
    SingleCammerJammer

Member Array
    Car:
    Flying Carpet
    i found it!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S6l0TTZFy8 thx again guys
    SingleCammerJammer