Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra Dc2
    yeah i already know the down sides of using alcohol based fuels but comparing the downsides to having a high comp engine that wont ping and you can gain more power cause u can increase timing without any real issues it seems worth it to me and i have 50 throttle boddiesand im running the same specs etc as a motor that adrien at toda built which made 170kw

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by gbpracing View Post
    The fuel being an alcohol type is hygroscopic in that it absorbs moisture. You can end up with a catch can that distils its own alcohol in it.
    Sounds like a good thing to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Sideburns1 View Post
    yeah i already know the down sides of using alcohol based fuels but comparing the downsides to having a high comp engine that wont ping and you can gain more power cause u can increase timing without any real issues it seems worth it to me and i have 50 throttle boddiesand im running the same specs etc as a motor that adrien at toda built which made 170kw
    It's just the impracticality of E85 that makes it so much of a hassle.
    And 50 Throttlebodies?!
    Even if you meant 50MM.. Isn't that kinda small? Even for n/a?
    It's not 4x4 status, think of it as "Winter Mode".

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    probably itb
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

i am making over 160 with Toda C/skunk2 Pro2 cams and single 65mm throttle body on 98...

the Pro 3's are pretty extreme...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra Dc2
    yeah ITBs boys read the thread through and thanks for everyones input on e85 its good to know what everyonesn idea on it is but ive already set my car up for it so ile just see wat happens if it gets to annoying then ile retune it for pump fuel......
    Tinkerbell if u were making this to get the most power u could which way would u go?

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9-N/A DC2-S/C
    yeah i already know the down sides of using alcohol based fuels but comparing the downsides to having a high comp engine that wont ping and you can gain more power cause u can increase timing without any real issues
    have you tried using the coldest spark plug the after market has to offer? to help with the ping.
    touge is my style, F@CK your style!

Tinkerbell if u were making this to get the most power u could which way would u go?
    if it were me? both ways - testing @ the dyno will give you the answer,

i had to go Toda (EX)+ Skunk2 (IN) to make my engine work... but going to change it again soon!

never enough power in the place i want it!

for you - start with something easy to set up (dial in) and see how it goes - have you considered Rocket Motosport? or Endyn?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Touge Tom View Post
    have you tried using the coldest spark plug the after market has to offer? to help with the ping.
    and then have to deal with cold starting problems?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    and then have to deal with cold starting problems?
    E85 usually means cold starting problems too though.
    So you're screwed whichever way you go.

E85 vs Cold Plugs.. Could be worth checking pro's and con's between the two?
    It's not 4x4 status, think of it as "Winter Mode".

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra Dc2
    yeah u have cons each way u go but ive got the set up for either so i will see wat happens if im not happy with e85 ile adjust it to run pump fuel......tinkerbell r u running pro3 intake cam? how lumpy will the pro 3s be?

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by Touge Tom View Post
    yeah the V8's might pollute half as much these day's, but use twice as much E85. so really there's no helping the environment at all. it just a scam to raise awareness of E85 (i haven't found any in Sydney yet?) so we buy the shit, get half the klm's a tank, use twice as much. & still charge us the going rate $/per L.
    so true bro, drove my dads VE towards the city just to fill up on E85. feels nice to drive just a pain to fill up for sydney siders atm.

yeah u have cons each way u go but ive got the set up for either so i will see wat happens if im not happy with e85 ile adjust it to run pump fuel......tinkerbell r u running pro3 intake cam? how lumpy will the pro 3s be?
    nah mate, only Pro 2

Pro 3 is suited to higher comps than 13:1 and i only have static around 12.5:1
    B20VTEC - since 2002