Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I dont think it needs a special wrench. Just your standard oil filter wrench will be fine. personally, i like having the ones that fit the oil filter like a box socket, then use a 1/2 or 1/4" drive socket to undo

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    If u dont have any of the above,

A ghetto style way to get the oil filter off specially when the ****er wont budge is use a long flat head screw driver and hammer/mullet and puncture the oil filter on one side and once punctured use the flat head as a tool to remove it.

Just dont get the flat head screw driver all the way in.. Just enough that its head is in.. Lol

Always works for me especially when the ****en thing is stuck.

But remember to drain the oil first..
    RB1-ODC

Yeah heard about that ghetto method but never had to do it before. Was able to get the Ody one off by hand, and just tightened the new one by hand also. One thing though - she took closer to 5 litres of oil rather than the 4.2 listed in the handbook...?

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    Quote Originally Posted by chook raffle View Post
    Yeah heard about that ghetto method but never had to do it before. Was able to get the Ody one off by hand, and just tightened the new one by hand also. One thing though - she took closer to 5 litres of oil rather than the 4.2 listed in the handbook...?
    where does the oil show on the oil dipstick indicator?
    RB1-ODC

Well on my driveway, which I now realise has a very slight slope, it shows about 2/3 on the dipstick...but at the carpark where I checked it today, which as best I could tell was flat, it shows a bit above full lol, should be okay

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    Quote Originally Posted by chook raffle View Post
    Well on my driveway, which I now realise has a very slight slope, it shows about 2/3 on the dipstick...but at the carpark where I checked it today, which as best I could tell was flat, it shows a bit above full lol, should be okay
    above full should be ok, just next time dont put all of the 5L oil in .. do you have or know of any oil leaks on the ODC?
    RB1-ODC