Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH

What brands would you Recommend for Lower and Upper Control Arms for track racing?

What brands would you Recommend for Lower and Upper Control Arms for track racing?

That is still affordable and maybe looks nice. I like to get lighter/ stronger arms before I go and buy a Vtec. It gotta be still good for the street also.

Also need more information on-
    What ebay products/ parts should I stay away from (cheapies)
    Swaybars (what thickness for front and rear as the rear has to be thicker)
    Strut Brace/ Bars
    And how popular is the factory colour 'Supersonic Blue' and do you think it looks nice? I am wondering if i should keep it or repaint it with another awesome colour to me haha
    Last edited by Adamjoeldavis; 09-08-2012 at 10:34 PM. Reason: more information needed

just use stock ones, and replace all the bushes with new performance bushes, cost effective. saves you from spending $100+ if you ever bend or snap one. get camber adjustable upper arms, hardrace is pretty good.

if you're looking for quality performance, stay away from ALL eBay brands
    team.gradeA

more smart. more safe. moreTEIN

function7

look sex

and functions

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    also interested in reccomendatons for swaybars (size f/r) anyone have any experienc on what they think works best?
    Wakefield Park PB: 1.15.6

I have ek9 swaybars front and rear, imo they're very good for my application, greatly reduces body roll. very noticeable when you take your car to the track/spirited drive

DON'T just get one side though like what a lot of people are doing now, if you want to upgrade one, upgrade the other or else it imbalances the cars handling and probably makes it more dangerous to drive
    team.gradeA

more smart. more safe. moreTEIN

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Agreed, OEM control arms. I'd only change the rear control arms if you need to run eyelet style coilovers.

Otherwise it's just wank factor, OEM is fine and if you change the bushes it will feel nice and tight. If you want them to look pretty take them off and paint them IMO

Sway bars, get yourself a set of ITR sway bars, front and rear. Subframe brace also a must, especially if you're going to the track.

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Agreed, OEM control arms. I'd only change the rear control arms if you need to run eyelet style coilovers.

Otherwise it's just wank factor, OEM is fine and if you change the bushes it will feel nice and tight. If you want them to look pretty take them off and paint them IMO

Sway bars, get yourself a set of ITR sway bars, front and rear. Subframe brace also a must, especially if you're going to the track.
    Cheers man, helps heaps but if I am on a budget, would I need to change the arms if I just run normal adjustable struts with slightly lowered springs, and put in both front and rear swaybars to control the VTEC better around sharp corners

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    You only need to change the arms if you're going to run Japanese suspension. If you have suspension made for the Australian models then you're fine. It's not related to spring stiffness or ride height, however some people prefer the JDM products due to reputation, personal preference or availability etc.

Strut braces I wouldn't bother with, but if you must get them I'd recomment a 3-point mounted front and a 4-point mounted rear. Better than the 2-point mount ones as they tend to provide more extra rigidity (if any at all). I like the look/price of the Ultra Racing ones.

Also just realised you're driving an EK, thought you had an EG lol. Not sure if the ITR sway bars will fit the EK as I've never tried personally. I would look at a company like Whiteline or ASR and see if you can get a rear sway bar + subframe brace complete kit. Also a good idea to upgrade the front sway bar if you upgrade the rear. However if somebody can confirm that the ITR sway bars fit the EK1 then I'd prefer those if I were you for budget reasons.

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH
    Cheers man, i go on their website if they have one and check it out haha