Thread: Eg guages...

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic

Eg guages...

Ok, so I have an eg8, and It's essentially a banana. I want to salvage the guages and use them for my build in the first gen civic.
    -How much of a pain in the ass would it be to get the fuel and temp guages from the eg, and put them into guage cups of some sort
    -How would I wire up the tacho? Could I just wire it in like a generic tacho?
    -Does the eg's speedo run off cable? If so, would it hook up to the er-t motors cable?

Essentially, I'm considering modifying a first gen dash to fit the tacho and speedo from the eg, and then getting the fuel and temp guages, and putting them in cups on the side. It's either that, or put the speedo in there (if it fits), keeping stock fuel and temp guages, and just get a generic tacho.

Failing all of that, can you get aftermarket fuel guages? I know you can get water temp guages.

Cheers, and sorry for the balls questions

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    EG speedo uses a VSS.

Tacho is most likely like a generic one, it just uses the electronic reading from the whatever thingy.

and u want to pull out the temp + Fuel guage side and mount them into a different cup? or u want to cut them both into circles and use 2 seperate cups?
    in which case i think ur better off buying a temp guage seperate. and find something else for fuel guage, they arent too complicated i dont think

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Yeah, that was the thought. Rip them out and put them in two seperate cups.
    Hmm... Sounds like just keeping the stock guages and buying a tacho (if I even need it) and a boost guage might be the go... Sounds like it'll be less work for the same effect. Might just change the colours on the speedo faceplate then, just for effect.
    Cheers dude

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Hmm if ur dash looks like this

then i might have a tacho that will fit well for u, i bought it but CBF installing because im too dumb LOL.

its a drift one goes up to 13k or something. and has a shift light which can be mounted either on it or anywhere else aslong as the cable can reach, or it can be disconnected all together.
    still has all the wiring.
    the face lights up blue.

and boost guages are all over the place aha

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Your picture didn't work for me D: but being a 73 cvcc, it shouldn't be too different. here is a picture of my dash exactly:

I'll probably only get a small tacho and boost gauge if I go that direction. Don't want something too big and flashy, haha.
    Will probably scan the guage face, colour it/ invert it, then do an led mod in it to give it a better backlight or something. definitely sounds like a plan. lol