Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO 04

[CL9] HID & Halogen Installation

Hi All,

Anyone here know how to install a HID kit for a Honda Accord Euro Standard 2004?

I heard you have to drill a hole into the plastic covering or taking the whole headlight off to install it, is this true? If so I can't be bothered.

Also advice on colour i.e. 4300k best or 6000k? I want better vision, i prefer white...

If it's too complicated then what halogen do you recommend, Philips X-treme Vision 100% or Osam Night Breakers or something?

Thank you.

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    basic things you must know before retrofitting HID bulbs into halogen housing (apart from legality and roadworthy issues):

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...s/Hid/HID.html

but I have tried Osram Nightbreaker Plus and Phillips Xtreme Vision. I rate the Xtreme Vision highest for any legal halogen bulbs in terms of visibility.

Quote Originally Posted by natnat View Post
    but I have tried Osram Nightbreaker Plus and Phillips Xtreme Vision. I rate the Xtreme Vision highest for any legal halogen bulbs in terms of visibility.
    I've heard that Osrams are pretty good for halogens.

Look at any responsible motoring forum and you'll see HID kits being shot down quickly as natnat has suggested: http://tiny.cc/h2lxiw

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    i love hids but if i could redo it all over again. i wouldve taken my time with installing them, with the cap and everything. when my hids break next time im just going to go with halogens cz im super lazier than before
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

save yourself the hassels of HID installation (and eventually defects) and get Phillips Crystal Vision globes

IF your mind is set on getting a HID conversion kit, i suggest a 5000k bulb...since your car doesnt have auto-leveling headlights etc, 6000k and above would be a shitload annoying to other motorists