are u sure not raining men?
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_LATE View Post
    are u sure not raining men?
    Nope, see the smoke?

Seafoam is like the suby upper engine cleaner.

They are like:

for your vtec.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    Whoa. Next pay cheq

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_LATE View Post
    Whoa. Next pay cheq
    you have to do that with an oil change tho. cause ur engine oil will get rest of the dirt.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    So do it before oil change.

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Std 5A
    Ehhhh, I'm not sold on that seafoam stuff hey. I would say it's a mostly psychological effect. You'd really want to compare the difference between two identical cars with one having just an oil change and one having seafoam and then an oil change.

I think the perceived improved engine response and so on is just from changing the oil in an old car =/
    '06 Accord Euro Std
    Stock standard =|

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Ehhhh, I'm not sold on that seafoam stuff hey. I would say it's a mostly psychological effect. You'd really want to compare the difference between two identical cars with one having just an oil change and one having seafoam and then an oil change.

I think the perceived improved engine response and so on is just from changing the oil in an old car =/
    It's a concentrated valve and piston cleaner to remove carbon build up, so if used incorrectly it'll screw up your piston rings

however most people used this suby one induce the stuff at the Throttle body, so it end up being a TB/Fuel injection system cleaner with a side benefit of cleaning the valve/pistons.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 19-08-2012 at 10:46 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO 04
    Well another update, my air conditioner system failed on the hottest day recorded yes the 45 degree one about a month or two ago...

Got quoted 1500 which I believe is reasonable, but my mate reckons just get rid of the car and get a new one as you never know what will happen next with 200k+ cars in general.

I want to fix the system myself, any ideas where to get parts or a guide on how to do it?

I also had the actuators fail a week after the air con, which I have got a mate to fix this weekend. We also noticed this weekend that the car sometimes doesn't start when i turn the key (weak batter or starter motor?)

Engine is great, ride is great, everything is great...apart from the above.

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    i can help you out if u r in melb..got a FL 06 euro wreckage of 38000 km on the clock
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by sceuro View Post
    Well another update, my air conditioner system failed on the hottest day recorded yes the 45 degree one about a month or two ago...

Got quoted 1500 which I believe is reasonable, but my mate reckons just get rid of the car and get a new one as you never know what will happen next with 200k+ cars in general.

I want to fix the system myself, any ideas where to get parts or a guide on how to do it?

I also had the actuators fail a week after the air con, which I have got a mate to fix this weekend. We also noticed this weekend that the car sometimes doesn't start when i turn the key (weak batter or starter motor?)

Engine is great, ride is great, everything is great...apart from the above.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ion+compressor

just changed the aircon compressor, bought at same the shop as ergot's recommendation and have it delivered (overnight) for A$400.00
    regas it for $80 + changed the filter $100 + labour $150
    total cost $730