Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

b16a2 help with intake and exhaust

i have already axleback headers 4-2-1 havent put them on yet just looking for a nice exhaust system and intake ive heard the aem v2 is better then the injens cai need help thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek hatch b18c7
    There are all the same. Your variables are pipe diameter and where you sit the air filter.

You should really get a tune after a cai is installed or you'll just burn extra fuel for no reason.

Injen sounds nice i got one in mine. But all personal preference. They look shiny aswell

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellomotog View Post
    There are all the same. Your variables are pipe diameter and where you sit the air filter.

You should really get a tune after a cai is installed or you'll just burn extra fuel for no reason.

Injen sounds nice i got one in mine. But all personal preference. They look shiny aswell
    There are two kinds of Induction styles on a NA car. SRI, short ram intake. Pod filter on a stick or CAI, cold air intake made in such a way that cold air from outside the engine bay is routed to the pod filter.
    Gains untuned wouldnt be really that noticeable. But the VTEC engagement becomes much more audible.
    And no your not going to burn extra fuel for no reason. If anything you should be running a bit leaner as your getting in colder air if you have a CAI.

Get a hi flo cat and your set.
    Choke dealer

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek hatch b18c7
    My car just burns more fuel.. No real
    Performance gains on the d16

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellomotog View Post
    My car just burns more fuel.. No real
    Performance gains on the d16
    it burns more fuel cos you develop a leadfoot. your car will run more efficiently with a less restrictive intake system
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    I dissagree.. gains can be noticable on a decent intake system even on a SOHC non-VTEC.

when i say 'noticable' I dont mean neck-snapping power gains, buit moreso improved Throttle RESPONSE will be what you notice (over the noise)..

SRi is louder and best throttle response and top-end HP gains but it sucks in hot hair being close to the motor and this can reduce the power.

CAi is best for low down torque/response, but compared to SRi it can take a while to respond when you step on the throttle pedal. The colde air charge is definately better than hot underhood air but once you're up and running, if you give your SRi a cold-air feed, the difference in loss of power through heat soak is minimal.

Be careful with CAi's in winter though as they tend to position the filter quite low down and this can result in the inhalation of water

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek hatch b18c7
    Same driving habits.. Always had a leadfoot aha. Sucking heaps more air will make it suck more fuel. Air fuel ratio must be the same?

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek hatch b18c7
    Ye watch out for puddles. You'll suck up water and hydro lock the engine

Member Array
    Car:
    Want A Jazz
    ignore a SRI or a CAI

Get a hi flow panel air filter, remover the resenator at the bottom of the stock air box and feed a pipe for cold air.
    the only other thing i would bother doing is getting a pipe made up that is the same as your stock pipe just less restricive.
    . h i t o r i k o .

Quote Originally Posted by hitoriko View Post
    ignore a SRI or a CAI

Get a hi flow panel air filter, remover the resenator at the bottom of the stock air box and feed a pipe for cold air.
    the only other thing i would bother doing is getting a pipe made up that is the same as your stock pipe just less restricive.
    Nice and easy way of doing it without attracting too much attention =)

Done all of the above and was happy, not much noticable gain [All of it is mainly psychological ie OMFG Induction & Exhaust Noise make my car a race car etc] but felt better and had a nicer tone to it without being outrageously noisey [I don't really like most induction noise except ones with ITBs harharhar]
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    I've found that my fuel consumption has actually improved with I/H/E, i used to get about 350k's from a tank with just a Catback Exhaust, to 400k's with added Intake, Header & Hi Flow Cat. I'm running Simota Cold Air, PLM TA Header, X-Force 100 Cell Cat and Skunk2 Megapower exhaust by the way. Very happy with the setup.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek hatch b18c7
    with petrol i was getting about 550k before i put the cai on. now im getting around 400-450k.. strange.