Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH

Apexi WS Suspenison Coilovers? are they good for road use/ track

I am currently thinking of buying Apexi WS Coilovers, and wanted to know if they are good struts/ coilovers?

And is Apexi a good brand/ qualtiy compare to other good ones like Buddy Club

From what I've seen, they're comparable to Tein SS...

Apexi make good quality stuff, their suspension included.

Doubt you find many people with the Apexi WS Sussy though around here, I'm pretty sure the WS series [Exhaust, Suspension, etc] were for street cars sold by Apex'i USA, never sold by Apex'i Japan. It's been discontinued for sometime now.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH
    sweet, thanks for that aha i am looking at one for sale now, and it must be american aha oh well

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CXi R
    Sorry to bring back from dead but did you get them and fit them?
    I've got a set but don't know if its worth putting them in or getting Tein's...

Want to know how they ride but only read reviews from USA and don't know how their roads compare to here in Melbourne

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH
    OMG ZOMBIE!! haha nahh I ended up getting Koni Adjustable dampers and at the moment on standard springs, it handles much better and when its full stiff its still comfy to drive on (I guess when you get aftermarket coilover springs or king springs then it may not be as comfy) but it definity made a differance of the way it handles. And what do you have at the moment??

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CXi R
    I've got stock sussy in at the moment (yes I felt embarrassed typing that!)

I have the Apexi WS N1 ready to go in but I also have the option of Tein SS for cheap too... If the N1's are worthwhile then I'll let the Tein's go.
    I'm wondering if I should buy the Tein's anyway and then sell off the ones I don't want...

But I also don't want to keep swapping out coils over and over again...

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH
    I never heard nany experiences from Apexis but Teins are a better way to go. And dont worry, I have full on stock suspension with no swaybars

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CXi R
    I've driven EK's with coils but they are buddyclubs... I don't want a savage ride.

I've read that the Apexi's are a good in-between when comparing stock and hard coils.

Might just have to grab the Tein's and do comparo runs between them and the Apexi's... see how each go for a week.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Tein SS for EK are way too soft,you'll want to remove them

apexi ws are a good street spec coilover

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CXi R
    Thanks for the input people! I wont be tracking the car (maybe once a year... maybe).

Just looking to improve over stock!

I'll try them both and report back!

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH
    Ok I thought Teins were good but not haha, learn something everyday haha. I still like my Konis haha