Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Weird starting problem

Hi All,

I've got a strange problem with my VTIS-GE auto.
    It seems to have problem starting after a long drive. Like maybe anything over 40 minutes. I stop for less than 5 minutes/turn off the car. Then when I try to start it again, it won't. Maybe wait a 15-20 minutes and then it will start again with no issues.

Last sunday, it wouldn't start for more than an hour. My friend came and did a jump start for me. And then it was all ok again.

The car was just serviced 50Tkm last friday and they couldn't figure out the problem.

When the problem happened, I was just next to a honda shop but the service is closed since it was sunday. They said I had to return it on monday

Any clues as to what's wrong with it? I just bought a portable jump start kit/battery. For just in case, this happens again.

Cheers!

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Does it make a clicking sound when you turn the key ? If so, but the starter doesn't turn, could be the starter solenoid, heat soak problem.
    Last edited by fundies; 16-08-2012 at 04:09 PM.

yes, it tries to turn just seems to be a bit weak.

I think this is fixed. Convinced with the repco guy who did the battery check. The CCA is no longer at the required charge and battery tester says replace bad battery.
    Don't know why it still tested as good at Honda. But maybe they tested it while it was running.

Is there any truth to urban myth of battery replacement affecting CVT? When I changed mine, the distance to fill up suddenly jumped up to 700kms from 500kms.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Quote Originally Posted by rubyjazz View Post
    Is there any truth to urban myth of battery replacement affecting CVT? When I changed mine, the distance to fill up suddenly jumped up to 700kms from 500kms.

Yes. The ECU which also controls the way the CVT operates is reset. Just drive normally and it should reset/relearn in a matter of hours. There is a set procedure which some say you should follow to reset the CVT after a battery change, but I always found it made no difference when I had my CVT, and just drove normally afterwards and never had a problem.

Thanks! Do you know the CCA of factory honda jazz car battery?
    The sticker on mine has been ripped.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Not off hand. But Supercharge make a good quality, good price battery for the Jazz amongst other cars. Have used these in a number of cars and been happy.

http://www.supercharge.com.au/produc...ery_search.php

The above one is the premium quality model for the Jazz. 3 year warranty says it all.
    Last edited by fundies; 27-08-2012 at 07:47 PM.

Seems like the terminals are located a bit higher or in the middle of the battery. May have a hard time fitting without adjusting the cable/connectors.
    But thanks! I went with repco equivalent that has the 2 year warranty (they were out of the 3yr). CCA - 330.

ge auto does not have CVT... id recommend getting a new battery from honda, the repco ones dont seem to last as long and the fit is never right

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Quote Originally Posted by EG5[KRT] View Post
    ge auto does not have CVT... id recommend getting a new battery from honda, the repco ones dont seem to last as long and the fit is never right

Good pick up, I totally forgot !!! ( smacks head ).

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    deleted.