Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra 99 GSI

Question Clutch Questions!

Hey Guys!

Had my car for a while now (99 Integra GSI 1.8L)
    Got it with about 180 000 Kms on the clock.
    The Clutch has never replaced.
    It doesn't seem to have any problems so far, but to hell with that I'm no expert.
    I read up on slipping clutches and signs of clutches going bad but i don't think it has had any of the symptoms.

Also when im driving down a hill and i get lazy i usually try to put it into gear 1 so i don't have to in at the lights but i cant it seems to be jammed or something.
    I don't really do it anymore cause my instructor said to keep it in second and change at the stop in case the traffic begins to move and gear 1 is really only meant for complete stops.

just wondering how much roughly does it cost to get a clutch replace for an integra?

Sorry For the long post guys

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    1k, but if it ain't broke, don't try fix it

don't jam it into first either, your synchros cant match the input and output shafts at such a wide speed difference. It'll work if you double clutch (i.e. put it in neutral, rev the engine (and therefore the input shaft), then change it to first)

see here http://www.howstuffworks.com/transmission.htm
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    Quote Originally Posted by TmrTom View Post
    Hey Guys!

Had my car for a while now (99 Integra GSI 1.8L)
    Got it with about 180 000 Kms on the clock.
    The Clutch has never replaced.
    It doesn't seem to have any problems so far, but to hell with that I'm no expert.
    I read up on slipping clutches and signs of clutches going bad but i don't think it has had any of the symptoms.

Also when im driving down a hill and i get lazy i usually try to put it into gear 1 so i don't have to in at the lights but i cant it seems to be jammed or something.
    I don't really do it anymore cause my instructor said to keep it in second and change at the stop in case the traffic begins to move and gear 1 is really only meant for complete stops.

just wondering how much roughly does it cost to get a clutch replace for an integra?

Sorry For the long post guys
    Clutch is around 300
    and labour around 500 give or take
    Dc2r and em1 only good if you work at McDonald's, s2k good for order food in McDonald's
    deal with it m8

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Budget $1000 walk-in walk-out.

Also, what speed are you trying to shift into 1st gear? In KMs. I wouldn't do that unless you're going less than 20km/hour and you should always rev match when you down-shift that much (clutch pedal depressed, kick the accelerator a little, then put the car into gear while the revs are up to take the stress off the gear itself, quickly release clutch pedal to engage).

Your instructor is correct.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra 99 GSI
    I am definitely going less than 20 KMH :P
    but i cant seem to get it in like its jammed or something
    but i can get it in once i completely stopped, this isnt a problem now as i know that i shouldn't be putting it into first anyways
    but i am just wondering could this be a problem or something :S

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    its usually hard as dougie said to shift down to 1st gear when car is moving.
    but the thing is, seems like its much easier when its itr or any other easy revving engine.

its not a problem, youre just paranoid.

yeah budget yourself about 1k for workshops, backyards charge cheaper price lmzo
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra 99 GSI
    Haha phewww
    definitely paranoid.....