Thread: Car Cover

Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    They come with an elastic band around the edges. So they will fit snug.

I'd go larger just because I could.
    Choke dealer

Hey ctx, I have a Kenco Tyvek Car Cover - small for my EK1. The dimensions of the cover are as follows: 4300mm x 1600mm x 1200mm. It fits quite well but sometimes a bit of the sideskirts show. If you wanted to go for the medium size it's 4500mm x 1700mm x 1200mm. As DakDak stated above they come with an elastic band type fitting around the edges to help obtain that snug fit. This cover also has a material strap in the middle that you can clip into place to help stop it blowing up out of the position you placed it in. I got the Kenco Tyvek Car Cover because it's machine washable (you need to use the big ones at the laundromat though) and the material is quite good quality compared to most off the shelf products in super cheap that are less expensive. In the summer it also keeps the car extremely cool inside and is quite easy to fit on. That's just my 2 cents worth, I'm quite happy with the purchase and I've had it for about 1.5 years.

Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9
    Cheers T-Bone. If you have time, could you snap a pic of the fitment of the Small size on your car? I'd really appreciate it, and also, could you point me in the right direction where I could buy one? Thanks a lot

Member Array
    Car:
    Violet the DC2R EG
    Keep an eye out for the next aldi car cover sale, the small fits my mates EK very well, he just puts a tie around the 2 rear corners for that super snug fit.

Quote Originally Posted by ctx View Post
    Cheers T-Bone. If you have time, could you snap a pic of the fitment of the Small size on your car? I'd really appreciate it, and also, could you point me in the right direction where I could buy one? Thanks a lot
    Sorry it took a few days to get these pics to you. Excuse the quality they're from my mobile phone.

View from the front:

View from the side:

View from the rear:

If you're still interested in this cover you can go to Supercheap Auto. They seem to be selling for $109 at the moment. If you know someone who works there you can get a further 25% off using their membership code. I hope this helps

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    More pics of that white and grey house please

Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9
    Quote Originally Posted by ultravioletvtec View Post
    Keep an eye out for the next aldi car cover sale, the small fits my mates EK very well, he just puts a tie around the 2 rear corners for that super snug fit.
    Thanks for the heads up mate How much do they normally go for? Don't normally go there or look at catalogues.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Sorry it took a few days to get these pics to you. Excuse the quality they're from my mobile phone.

If you're still interested in this cover you can go to Supercheap Auto. They seem to be selling for $109 at the moment. If you know someone who works there you can get a further 25% off using their membership code. I hope this helps
    Cheers man, no need to apologise at all I really appreciate your efforts and the quality is great. That cover definitely looks good; gives a little breathing room and it covers the side skirts pretty well. My car is still on stock height so the wheels will definitely poke out. But that won't be a problem for too much longer, if you know what I mean.

I looked on Supercheap's online store and they sell for $99, not sure if it includes postage but pick up is available. Don't know anyone working there so I'd probably take the online option So this keeps the car cool during the summer right? Because that's the main reason I'm looking for a good one, Melbourne summers are pretty intense!

Once again, thanks for all the input guys!

Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    More pics of that white and grey house please
    Yes, that house is quite delicious isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by ctx View Post
    Cheers man, no need to apologise at all I really appreciate your efforts and the quality is great. That cover definitely looks good; gives a little breathing room and it covers the side skirts pretty well. My car is still on stock height so the wheels will definitely poke out. But that won't be a problem for too much longer, if you know what I mean.

I looked on Supercheap's online store and they sell for $99, not sure if it includes postage but pick up is available. Don't know anyone working there so I'd probably take the online option So this keeps the car cool during the summer right? Because that's the main reason I'm looking for a good one, Melbourne summers are pretty intense!

Once again, thanks for all the input guys!
    No worries mate. Hahahaha, i know exactly what you mean! By the way my ride is currently on stock shocks and springs so you shouldn't have too much of a problem with the wheels.
    That's right, the cover keeps the car cool during the summer.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    question : does it breathe and all that?

looking for a car cover myself but NFI what to look out for..
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    question : does it breathe and all that?

looking for a car cover myself but NFI what to look out for..
    Hard to say mate. I've only had it on for a few hours so I'm not 100% - T-Bone should know be able to answer that better since he's had his for a while. But if I had to say something, I'd say it's rather breathable - it's not so tight as to hug around the body like a wrap - it's got elastic on the ends which you can easily tighten around the wheels whilst keeping a snug but slightly movable fitment over the body. It's like a shower cap - tight at the ends but looser everywhere else.

That said, I assume you're searching for a cover for a BB6? Those are 4545mm in length and 1750mm in width so the Small size will definitely not fit. I don't think the medium will fit either. The large size (5000x1750x1200mm) will probably suit you best if you decide on the Kenco.