Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda civic ek

springs??? need help from the EK experts

hi everyone. This type of question is getting a bit toomuch in this site but its already been a week that i am reading threads about dropping the car down but cant find the right thing that i want to know about. If u'll ask me to findthe thread thanks for dropping by but if u want to share ur knowledge about this, thanks very much!

I have an ek1 4dr and just bought a set of integra 15" meshies and wrapped it with 195/50/15 tyres. i wanted to put coilovers but the guys on the threads said coils are too bumpy but will give u a nice drop, atm i dont have enuf dough to spend for coils so i was thinking of getting lowering springs instead.another issue is everytime i got my 3 friends to come and ride with me i always feels like the back tyres mostly on RHS is scratching to somewhere everytime i go on humps.question is if i am gonna settle on springs, will it give me a good clearance from all the tyres specially on the rear part? do i have to consider guard rolling? should i make any modifications after installing the lowering springs to give a good clearance as well with my stock shocks and whats the best lowering springs to get?

if there's a better option than springs? is it worth it to just save more money for coilovers rather than buying lowering springs?

Again guys thanks for helping me out on this. just dont want to spend money on something that i havent done before and ending up selling them because i am not happy the way it looks in my car. God bless us all..

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    Hey man. I recently went from springs to coils and believe me the difference is pretty major. If you get springs you will settle for one height only. If its too low or too high youll wanna sell em to get another set to your preference or learn to live with it. As for coils they are height and damper adjustable so you can adjust to your liking. I rkn dont spend your cash on springs but save for coils. And for the tyre question just roll the guards and you will be free from all scrubing depending on the width of your rims. Hope this helps.
    team grade A

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda civic ek
    thanks jajaja. my wheels are stockies from i think dc2r they are 15x6.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    EKs technically already run coilover suspension. You want aftermarket coil overs with heigh and damper adjustment
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Hey mate, judging by your location you are in Penrith...

Take your car past Wholesale Suspension on Coreen Ave and have a chat to Josh, he'll give you a few options and some pricing so you can see the difference. If you can't get past there today, i will be in the workshop tomorrow until 1pm

Cheers

Pat
    OHSC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda civic ek
    that's what i meant EG52NV, but man thanks for the info..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda civic ek
    thanks senna. if im gonna go to aftermrket coilovers how much roughly am i going to spend? its only a dd car and no plans of hitting the track at all so not really after a very fancy one..thanks man

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Around 1400 fitted i'd say
    OHSC

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 & SF5
    u might want to look up GAB or BC coilovers
    -=[BLACK Dc2]=-

EXE TRACK DAY 2014 PB 1:37.0

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    If you're scrubbing on stock height (with apparent stockies) with a few people in the car, i'd try and sort out the location of the scrubbing before i lowered it even further. just my 0.02c, Good luck

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Rear guards are a bit nasty for scrubbing - they stick out a lot.

You could probably have them rolled to increase clearance from the guards to the tyres for about $50-100. Bandaid job though. Just check to see if that will give you enough clearance though.

If you can deal with the stiffness of coilovers in a daily driven car I'd recommend them. You do get used to it and it's enjoyable to drive. Something not too stiff, like 8kg front 6kg rear spring rates. Save up for it - it's worth the $$$ for the handling/adjustability of height (on most coilovers).

If you just want a lower ride height then I'd consider rolling the guards + lowering springs so you maintain your ride comfort.