Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Euro CU2

Mars performance hids kit

I was thinking of getting a HID kit for my CU2. has anyone tried the mars performance kit on the euro before? would it flicker?

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Words from the wise - Do other road users a favour, don't get a cheap HID kit. The beam pattern will be all wrong with the halogen projectors in a standard CU2. Not to mention not legal (apart from the beam pattern/glare, HIDs are required to have headlight washers).

Have you looked into Philips Xtreme/Crystal Vision globes?

- HZ
    Last edited by HunterZero; 19-08-2012 at 12:50 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro CU2
    i was thinking of putting phillips diamond visions coz its the closest to white that i can get. yes, my cu2 doesnt come with HID coz its the model below the luxury, so if it doesnt have it then.. is it illegal to have it without the headlight washers? so what do i do now no HID kit?

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro CU2
    would prob get these.. closest to white.. would you recommend?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5800K-100...ht_2746wt_1037

Quote Originally Posted by lowr1d3r View Post
    i was thinking of putting phillips diamond visions coz its the closest to white that i can get. yes, my cu2 doesnt come with HID coz its the model below the luxury, so if it doesnt have it then.. is it illegal to have it without the headlight washers? so what do i do now no HID kit?
    bzzzzzzt

diamond vision globes are fails, they have too much blue tint on the globe, so you get a blue light with barely any light penetration (ie lumins)

crystal vision globes are far much better

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro CU2
    alrite then.. thanks soo... im still deciding then..

Phillips Crystal Visions or MARS 5800K 100W Super HID Xenon Bright

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    Quote Originally Posted by lowr1d3r View Post
    alrite then.. thanks soo... im still deciding then..

Phillips Crystal Visions or MARS 5800K 100W Super HID Xenon Bright

Id bet that those are illegal too. And quite expensive for a no brand item. Word of wise, never get anything from Mars performance...overpriced and shocking customer service (just check their feedback!). I don't really think theres any legal bulb that will give you white or blue that is halogen. I could be wrong though.

im with rudy on this one

theres a reason why phillips come oem with a lot of cars these days

their products are so much superior than others

when it comes to stuff such as lights, stick to known name brands, dont go el cheapo

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    Quote Originally Posted by kristrifo View Post
    im with rudy on this one

theres a reason why phillips come oem with a lot of cars these days

their products are so much superior than others

when it comes to stuff such as lights, stick to known name brands, dont go el cheapo
    True, funny thing is the genuine phillips one I imported from Amazon is cheaper than these no name ones.
    Last edited by Rudy; 19-08-2012 at 03:57 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Mars has shocking customer service. I bought a set of lights off them before. Sent me the wrong ones. When I told them they just went silent and never responded. Threatened negative feedback so 1 day before the 'feedback period' ended they told me they would send out a new set that would fit my car and send me the shipping details. Gave them alright feedback. Too bad nothing ACTUALLY came. Felt pretty pissed (this was a few years ago). Ended up in a dispute. Pretty messy. If you get the right thing first go then sweet. Have any issues and they're a pain in the butt.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro CU2
    hmm but im actually gonna go str8 to mars performance because i live in melbourne.. so beside the customer service, still no no for the bulbs? so in conclusion.... crystal visions? how good are they with my projectors? is it like a off white or like a milky white color?

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro CU2
    ive bought from mars performance a while back.. didnt really have a problem with them, bought a 6000k hid kit for my camry, runs fine .. had it for around 3-4 years.. and still running good..