Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

DC5R Brake fluid in clutch fliud? Squeaking now, any advice?

Hi, I just flushed my clutch fluid system with the brake fluid I am using, ATE Super Blue racing brake fluid.

At first there was no sound but after moving the car into the driveway to hose down engine bay and rinse off spills the clutch squeaks now

When I engage the clutch there is a loud squeak?

Can I use brake fluid for clutch fluid, I've read that you can use the same fluid?

What do you think guys?

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    brake fluid is sued in both, as its the same thing

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    brake fluid is sued in both, as its the same thing
    That's what I thought.

So why would the slave cylinder be squeaking now after flushing the clutch fluid?
    I tried WD40 and also greasing the pivot point but it still squeaks!

Do I need a new slave cylinder?
    If so why is this the case when it was working fine before, I wish I just left the clutch fluid, I read that a dark colour is normal from the carbon n stuff FML

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EK
    squeaking isnt a major problem, dont think you'd need to replace the cylinder

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2778783

that link might help!

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    Did you bleed the clutch properly?

U gotta make sure its air free! Otherwise you experience squeaking and poor pedal feel.

Maybe adjust the pedal rod friction point incabin since u just bleed the clutch.
    RB1-ODC

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalked View Post
    squeaking isnt a major problem, dont think you'd need to replace the cylinder

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2778783

that link might help!
    Thanks I came across that already, that's what gave me the greasing idea

Here is a thought

That fluid , while dot 4 hydraulic fluid - maybe suited more to braking (high temperature) applications and include inhibitors or additives. These additives maybe catching or thwarting the internal movement of the clutch master cylinder and or seals - giving you this squeaking.

I'd personally flush again with OEM dot 3/4 fluid or similar and see if that clears up the issue.

You don't need racing brake fluid in your clutch lines lol

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Here is a thought

That fluid , while dot 4 hydraulic fluid - maybe suited more to braking (high temperature) applications and include inhibitors or additives. These additives maybe catching or thwarting the internal movement of the clutch master cylinder and or seals - giving you this squeaking.

I'd personally flush again with OEM dot 3/4 fluid or similar and see if that clears up the issue.

You don't need racing brake fluid in your clutch lines lol
    I don't think it matters if it is high temp fluid or not, as long as it is dot 3/4 fluid.

I would've used OEM fluid but I had left over high temp stuff after I flushed my brake fluid and installed SS lines.

The squeak went away the next day

Springy clutch and now "cool" bright blue clutch fluid in the reservoir lol