Accord Euro oil consumption help!

Hi guys,
    Im a noob when it comes to Hondas having owned Toyota's my whole life. I decided to bite the bullet and purchase a Euro as a reliable daily (so I thought). Im a little confused as to how this happened. I purchased the car from VIC, after checking the oil (I sware it was full but I could be wrong) 2 weeks ago, we drove it back to SA and the oil light flashed yesterday morning. After inspecting the oil levels it was down to the bottom dot on the dipstick. The car is 2000km into its service (has 8000km remaining). I drained the oil as Im not sure of the type the dealer used and changed the filter and refilled it with 5w-40. Im going to keep an eye out on it. Is this a freak thing to consume so much oil in 2000km? is it possible the dealer filled it up and didnt check the oil after it sucked some into the filter? or is this a serious problem.? As I said ive come from Toyota imports (jzx100) so this has never been an issue to me.

Anyhelp/ some light on this situation would be greatly appreciated.
    In saying this, the rest of the car is absolutely awsome

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    that's definitely wrong.. theyshouldn't consume anything

i suggest getting a leakdown test done... Looks like you didn't spot it when you were checking out the car
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Thanks for that. Ill keep an eye on it and if it drops again ill do a leak down test. Its weird the car has no oil leaks, blows no smoke or anything :\ got me stumped. Also there is no soot around the exhausts weird

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    oil burning doesn't necessarily leave soot, soot's from unburned fuel

For your sake, i hope not, but i'm suspecting the engine's been abused when cold and has developed wear in the piston rings
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    how many kms does it have???
    does it have service history???
    and was the oil still fresh wen u drained it???

Just clicked onto 150 000. The oil didnt look fresh at all it was really black and had a burnt smell when I drained it which was surprising. Has full service history looks like its always been serviced on time and at the dealer :\
    I also hope it isnt warnt rings also.
    argh

On a positive note, seems to drive alot better with this oil I used.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    A full service history gives zero indication about how it was driven, it could have had the shit thrashed out of it every day and you'd never know
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    If the car was only 2000 km into it's service and the oil level was low and black, then I don't think that full service history was authentic.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2