Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

EG B18C Conversion Issues

I hope someone can help me, this is very fustrating!

I have an EG 92 with a B18C running a EMS Stinnger ECU piggy backed off the standard ECU

Majority is perfectly wired and the car starts / runs etc

The main things here you need to know before i proceed.

The Loom is from a EK and is AUTO! It was hard to find a manual OBD2 Loom (people say you cannot used these haha!

The issue!!!!!!!!!

RPM taco is not working.. sounds typical and simple right ... lets see if you can solve this and help me grow my hair back on my head.

1. Dizzy has been removed and has now been replaced by a CDI and running Coils.
    2. The Plug has a blue wire on the other side its connected to a blue wire this is wire i need...?
    3. This blue wire runs into another blue wire that is bridged of it that has a black cap on it i think is for testing? then the two blue wires run into the car to a plug near the fuse box under drivers side dash.
    3. This plug has nothing on the other side? should this go to the cluster? there is already a blue wire there...
    4. At the standard ecu, research shows that there are 2 wires and these are red. one is to be cut and the other used (connected to the AUX on the EMS) as the standard ecu is not the brains anymore.

Im losing the plot here! HELP! me and help many more like me.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Beeighteensee; 23-08-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Account Disabled Array
    Best to start over with the right engine loom

Is your B18c OBD1 or OBD2a?

Where do you get them? .. concidering i only have one issue now why change it all again??

B18C OBD1 it is.
    Last edited by Beeighteensee; 23-08-2012 at 05:17 PM.

I used my d series engine loom.. D16y1 harness.. Just had to extend 3 wires for memory. you will need to use your d series oxygen sensor if you wish to do this... So far i have no problems

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    Pls upload a wiring diagram / manual for your eMS ecu.

This is where id start then compare to oem loom i the car/engine.
    RB1-ODC

The D series loom that the car came with was chopped like you wouldnt belive the last owner had no idea using speaker wire to run the engine fan the horn and all sorts of odd stuff! and the O2 sensor was a one wire thats all long gone. I need a 4wire 02sensor now I belive. I picked up a 3wire and it has two white and one grey wire and you would think the instructions would explain what white wire is for what.. nope!

Quote Originally Posted by Rage King View Post
    Pls upload a wiring diagram / manual for your eMS ecu.

This is where id start then compare to oem loom i the car/engine.
    This is the manual for my piggy backed ems of the standard ecu ? - http://www.enginemanagement.com.au/d...r%20Manual.pdf

Its all hooked up. I have the output for the RPM tacho ready to go but the cars wires are just oodled

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    ^^
    im talking about the wiring diagram/instructions of the EMS ecu pinout not the o2 oxy sensor wires.

Since you have a aftermarket ecu, depending on your ecu requirements kn how to read the o2 gasses, this maybe that you may only need a 2or4 wire sensor? Just saying.

This is why it would be useful and handy to upload it for us to see and try to help u out. If its a Hondata then no need to as theres plenty of info and experts in that.

Not all ecu's are the same - keep that in mind..

Reason i asked is i used to run a full EMS system and not a piggy back.
    RB1-ODC

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeighteensee View Post
    This is the manual for my piggy backed ems of the standard ecu ? - http://www.enginemanagement.com.au/d...r%20Manual.pdf

Its all hooked up. I have the output for the RPM tacho ready to go but the cars wires are just oodled
    Good stuff.

Was the tacho working before u did anything with the car?
    RB1-ODC

Quote Originally Posted by Rage King View Post
    ^^
    im talking about the wiring diagram/instructions of the EMS ecu pinout not the o2 oxy sensor wires.

Since you have a aftermarket ecu, depending on your ecu requirements kn how to read the o2 gasses, this maybe that you may only need a 2or4 wire sensor? Just saying.

This is why it would be useful and handy to upload it for us to see and try to help u out. If its a Hondata then no need to as theres plenty of info and experts in that.

Not all ecu's are the same - keep that in mind..

Reason i asked is i used to run a full EMS system and not a piggy back.

O2 conversation was to in reply to JDMeg5

I would love to have the EMS hooked up and not piggy backed. I'm not all that good with all this and just taking it one step at a time. I think I just blew out my IAVC i changed the PWM Frequency and im sure it blew out. the car made a loud wind up like the needle lost its plot and stoped or jammed it shows all the signs of the IAVC and what it does. The car wants to kick but wont hold. making it harder for me to work out this RPM taco issue.

I appreshiate all the help by the way thank you.

Rage thats another thing. I never had the RPM cluster I had the one without and a auto then i got a manual one with the rpm. I have 3 to play with. but in responce never had i seen it working though doubit it would have if i did with the wire set up atm

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    Arent the ems stingers are full ecu? I dont believe ems made piggy backs come to think of it.

Hence why the wiring diagram shows all liable functions thats required to get the engine started.

To me sounds like your ignition setup could be wrong why its not holding the lick over.

You getting fuel into the injectors?

Have u checked for spark from your CDI? How coils you running 4 or 1 massive one?

I used to have Accel single coil mated with a MSD CDI unit.
    RB1-ODC