Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Selling car from QLD to VIC

if someone is buying your car from victoria, and they are driving it down, what happens with the rego? do they drive it registered in my name to victoria?
    do i get my rego back?
    do they drive it down with qld standard number plates?

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude ATTS
    I would say you transfer the rego into their name while in QLD then they are free to do what they want, my guess only :P

Quote Originally Posted by manolii View Post
    I would say you transfer the rego into their name while in QLD then they are free to do what they want, my guess only :P
    cant really happen if on a saturday though dudee

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    You can't transfer from state to state. It has to go through all the checks and registered in the destination state.

You de-register the car and sell it to them unregistered. They need to organise how they get it to wherever they need it to go (its not your problem). They need to get it re-registered when they get it in their own state. You should not let them drive the car under your name.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    EE3 WAGON YO
    just sell it let him drive down with your rego. once his down. deregister ur car.
    and hopfully he doesnt get any fines.

u will get or money back. gota call ur CTP insurance aswell. to get that back. which is included in ur rego.

the best way. deregister your car now. and pay for like 3 days CTP. which allows you to drive

also he cannot use QLD rego down there.

Quote Originally Posted by DLO01 View Post
    You can't transfer from state to state. It has to go through all the checks and registered in the destination state.

You de-register the car and sell it to them unregistered. They need to organise how they get it to wherever they need it to go (its not your problem). They need to get it re-registered when they get it in their own state. You should not let them drive the car under your name.
    Quote Originally Posted by v__ View Post
    just sell it let him drive down with your rego. once his down. deregister ur car.
    and hopfully he doesnt get any fines.

u will get or money back. gota call ur CTP insurance aswell. to get that back. which is included in ur rego.

the best way. deregister your car now. and pay for like 3 days CTP. which allows you to drive

also he cannot use QLD rego down there.
    yeahhh true true. he has told me he needs my registration to drive it down to vic, because needs to be registered to be driven down there.

because it will happen on a saturday more than likely, i wont be able to transfer my qld rego into his name, if he lives in victoria and being a saturday?

so if he is driving the car down to vic on saturday, what is the best thing for me to do?

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Like I said. You don't know this person, so best thing for you is to not let him drive it while car is still under your name. The rightfull owner of the car is the person who its registered too. If he does something stoopid and disapears, in the end they'll be looking for you, not him.
    Deano.

yeah i understand that.

the only way for him to get it to victoria is to drive it, he isnt paying to transport it.

so what do you do?

Member Array
    Car:
    HRV k24a
    dont sell it, simply put, ive learned the hard way, sold a 500 car- was used as a ram raid
    1975 EB1 Civc 2 speed hondamatic
    WTB; chrome roof rack to suite^^

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    It really comes down to can you trust the guy? Let him drive down with your plates and then get him to post the plates back and deregister the car.
    You can make some sort of contract stating hes liable for any fines between such and such date etc etc.
    Thats pretty much all you can do....

hmmm

might call qld transport tomorrow and just see the best way to protect myself.

not selling it isnt really an option, really want it gone at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by 1.mile View Post
    It really comes down to can you trust the guy? Let him drive down with your plates and then get him to post the plates back and deregister the car.
    You can make some sort of contract stating hes liable for any fines between such and such date etc etc.
    Thats pretty much all you can do....
    yeah ill make sure ill type receipts and make it a type of contract and get a copy of his licence i guess.