Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this normal?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

Is this normal?

Got my front mounts replaced at Good Performance Centre in Yennora last month
    and they are broken again. Use my car daily just to drive to work and back. Dont thrash it cos it also has a new clutch installed and took it back and they refuse to replace it unless i pay up. Apparently they said its due to the driver and their bad driving? One of the workers also said they snapped one after 2 weeks of getting a brand new one?

i love carpet. i love lamp.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    should be a parts warranty on it, unsure on labour though
    Why hello there

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    1. It is covered under warranty. If you paid, and got a receipt for parts and labour, its covered. If they wont do it, take it further. Australia has tough laws on not honouring warranties.
    2. It may be a combination of all the mounts damaged. If the rear/side engine mounts are broken, itll put more stress on the others, causing premature failure.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I've called Fair Trading and they said they must replace it.
    I was asked to approach the business again to see if they would replace it they disagreed.
    Formal complaint has been lodged. They will launch an investigation within 30 days.

My first time at this mechanic and there was no customer service whatsoever. They weren't friendly about it and handled the matter very unprofessionally. Won't be back again.

Sounds like they used second hand parts.

Good luck with chasing it up

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    how much were you charged for the mounts+labour intially?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Good Performance Centre are a pack of dodgey theives led by Charlie.

I used to go there, until i caught onto their shenanigans.

EDIT : An no, brand new engine mounts do not just "snap' after 2 weeks of use. Unless your doing stuff you shouldnt be to begin with.
    Choke dealer

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Mounts as on receipt was $120
    Labor was included as a whole cos i had other things installed clutch, LCA etc..
    Whole bill was $1500.

I wish i knew these guys were dodgy.. and yes they were second hand parts. They told me they were second hand and Fair Trading would not be able to do anything about it because it was second hand. Also they did not notify me they were going to use 2nd hand parts.

Also when i went back for them to look at it they said i needed some piece on my exhaust to be changed..
    Then when i took it somewhere else because i didn't want to deal with them anymore.. I was told it didn't need replacing at all.. dodgy much?
    Last edited by iinjektd; 24-08-2012 at 03:59 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    well just dont go back there from now on.
    no matter what you do, trash it as hard as you possibly can new mounts wont break after 2 weeks lol
    unless you wrap it around a pole ey

give fair trading a call anyway and get explanation or more help from them.
    who cares what gpc say
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Apartment of fair trading. Call them and they will follow it up for you. As long as the car hasn't seen any track or drags since the install. Only road use. And no accident or tampering on your behalf they will have to hold warranty. Also if they installed it they replace it free of charge, including labour.

Only time parts warranty wont include labour includes you supplying the part or you requesting a 2nd hand,rebuilt from a other source!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    PLEASE CHASE IT UP AND LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES YEA?

I'd very much enjoy watching these fu(kers sizzle.
    Choke dealer

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    thats so dodgey.....
    they used second hand parts without notifying you, and then dodge warranty because its second hand.

they should go down.