CU2
    Thats def not the ping then.
    Hey escape is ur car blue or purple????? Nice pic btw
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by kiat View Post
    Yes. Very similar to that farting sound in that video from 12sec onwards. Doesn't sound like pinging to me?

Any idea what that annoying sound is, or where it's coming from? I never had this in my previous k20. But this k24 should be similar. Maybe it's the fuel quality in AUS (bad) ??

I don't think it is pinging sound to me either. I have been dealer with video 2times before. but they said they couldn't find any problem on my car.
    I think that sound came from transmission.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_LATE View Post
    Thats def not the ping then.
    Hey escape is ur car blue or purple????? Nice pic btw
    it is cobalt blue, thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux Nav
    I had the same sound on my CU2 Lux Navi Auto. My dealer said the same thing at first that they could not reproduce the sound and could find and thing wrong!
    I made a recording on my IPhone for them and played it for the service manager. He then told me that he had another Euro with the same problem and was waiting on Honda Australia for advice. I was told to wait and they would contact me when they received advice from Honda Australia!!

A month later I contacted my dealer as I did here from them and was told Honda was still looking in to it, but my dealer asked me to leave the car over night and they would try and reproduce the sound.

The service manager told me he heard the noise and would be requesting a new auto transmission and torque converter for my Euro. Within a couple of days they received the go ahead from Honda Australia. My Euro auto transmission and torque converter was replaced and I have not heard the noise since. All this was over about 6 months going back and forth to my dealer.

I think this noise is a known Issue at Honda Australia and I would get your dealer to contact them .

Unhappy

Damxxx... really... Honda selling us lemon cars
    I'm surprised they don't issue any recall.

Sambo73: How long did they take to change the tranny & torque converter? Did they provide a temporary replacement car for you?

Escape27: How about your car? Did you send to the dealership and had them changed too?

I hate going to dealership sometimes, for some reasons.

Member Array
    Goshh... Amazing an ancient 5 speed auto that is unchanged in the Euro since 2003 could still be problematic.

Maybe there's water in it... from the last tsunami...

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux Nav
    Damxxx... really... Honda selling us lemon cars
    I'm surprised they don't issue any recall.
    I don’t think Honda selling lemon cars, I think they know of an issue but still don’t know what is causing it.

Sambo73: How long did they take to change the tranny & torque converter? Did they provide a temporary replacement car for you?
    It took about 6 weeks as all part had to come from Japan!!! It took a day and half to replace and was given load car for that time.

Sounds lemon enough to me

Escape, are you still pursuing this with Honda? or given up with them already?

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    Should totally pursue. And escape fuark cobalt is sooooo nice. Dont see enough blueros around
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by boleh View Post
    Goshh... Amazing an ancient 5 speed auto that is unchanged in the Euro since 2003 could still be problematic.
    its' the same 4 spd tranny from the late 90's.... with an extra cog.

I think it's gone now tho (they probably gave up on it lols, since the next accord's gonna run on CVT's
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Lux
    My warranty has been expired on May. Been dealer before expired warranty for replace rust sunroof and explained a noise with video clip but they said they couldn't heard noise from my car. And if I bring me car to dealer with noise they will ask replace cost. Isn't it ?