Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord CD5

honda accord cd5 94 reverse lights not working

hi ...im new to this site....my accord cd5 reverse lights do not work..i have checked the bulbs and they are algud..is there a fuse for this? if so where is it located? i have pulled all fuses i could find and checked them they are all good...

also my handbrake light on console does not work either...the only come on when i crank the engine...i have changed brake pads and topped up brake fluids but still its not working....

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM 87 Aerodeck
    Quote Originally Posted by Rash7 View Post
    hi ...im new to this site....my accord cd5 reverse lights do not work..i have checked the bulbs and they are algud..is there a fuse for this? if so where is it located? i have pulled all fuses i could find and checked them they are all good...

also my handbrake light on console does not work either...the only come on when i crank the engine...i have changed brake pads and topped up brake fluids but still its not working....

thanks
    The fuses are located on the bonnet, drivers side very close to the windshield. Their are also other fuses located under the dash, in the drivers footwell. It would be best to check both areas... TWICE.
    Failing this I would either call an auto electrician or you could do it yourself, get a multimeter and ensure that there is power getting to the bulbs.

As for your handbrake light in the dash, the bulb could be blown. Which means you'd need to pull it apart to change it. :/ Not and easy feat if you haven't done it before.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord CD5
    Hi thanks for your reply. i have checked both the fuse boxes and all fuses are good. i will get a hold of a volt meter tomorrow and check it out..

for handbrake light : don't know if i mentioned it but it only flickers on when i crank the engine so i don't know if it would be the bulb behind the cluster ..

please if you have any other suggestion do let me know..

thanks

*Honda Accord 94 CD5 5sp manual F22B1 VTEC *

Member Array
    Car:
    N/A
    Reverse switch may be faulty which is located on the gearbox

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord CD5
    thanks for your help, i will check it out 2mro...chur

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord CD5
    got the reverse lights sorted. the connections at the switch was loose..
    still nothing on the handbrake lights thou...

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    maybe a short causing it to go dodgy
    i think that light receives power and then when the handbrake is pulled the switch is one sending it out to ground hence turning on the light.

i think the handbrake switch is even connected near the handbrake, so pull off the center console and look for wires near the lever, with the key in ignition at the 2nd click (II) and with a multimeter and the handbrake up test the wire should get like 12v whilst its up and then when its down it should be off.
    if theres no voltage at all then there is a short somwhere before the switch.

hard to be 100% sure as i havent seen the wiring and pulled it apart myself.
    ive got a hundred ideas on possible wiring techniques under there, swirling in my head.