Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MR 2 SLOW

Quote Originally Posted by joneblaze
    ...umm...wat sort of "VTEC"? s2k styles? lol......
    am i thinking what you are think jone

nvm...don't bother..i get you on this one<laffz>

Quote Originally Posted by dc2r

So if the Pulsar Q is quicker than a SSS, what's the point of a SSS?
    Umm..
    the 91-92 Q came with optional 2litre motor (sr20de) same as in all sss models, but it came with no body kit, no power options, no spoiler, shit interior, but weight difference is approx 60-80kgs, depending on sss if its got a sunroof, which is a lot of extra weight for a N/A 4...

Q's are definatly lighter/quicker, ive driven many sss's and now i own one, and my Q was faster..

Quote Originally Posted by eg6powah
    Quote Originally Posted by mr-n14

What other cars use vtec in there engines apart from nissan and honda and toyota?
    mate vtec is only in hondas...wtf are you smoking?
    im talking about VVTi (toyota) isn't that similar to vtec? nissan have NEO, which is called the sr20ve has varible cams or lift sum shit like that with 147kws, and im asking if anyother cars come with similar stuff to vtec? get me?

the systems in the toyotas, nissans, bm's what have you are not quite as advanced i believe......
    フジタエンジニアリング

I think BMW first came out with variable valve timing (double vanos) and honda improved on it...

But its still hard to beat a 3.2L inline 6 engine with Double VANOS and 6 individual electronically controlled throttle butterflies!! (BMW M3)
    Would take that over the f20c engine anyday!!

Quote Originally Posted by eg6powah
    Quote Originally Posted by mr-n14

What other cars use vtec in there engines apart from nissan and honda and toyota?
    mate vtec is only in hondas...wtf are you smoking?
    dude with all do respect ill make you eat your words and u neva say what u will jus said your mate mustnt be able to drive .....
    and dude the vti will sit next to u with a decent driver

biss...

i used to smash SSS's with ease aswell...
    my mate, he could beat sss's but with me, it was always either he just win, or me. very close. and yes it comes down to drivers. every car forum has this argument, on hear, i hear ppl keeping up with wrxs, on the wrxs forums i hear them smashing hondas, and so on...remember NO 2 motors are ever the same.

ive kept up with integras (vtir) with the old Q, but the sss is defintly slower. and i know i wont win. A friend of mine has a 97 model lancer MR, with exhaust system and POD, and for sum reason it flys, he can easily put away my amtes 94 crx. they swapped cars and still the lancer is faster, could be a freak engine im guessing, coz lancers are SLLLLOOW

EDIT - also, i beleive the Honda Civic Vtir does Quater in 16.2 secs, and the SSS is 16.49. if your saying a Vti will sit with me, whats the point of a 118kw vtir?? if there the same shit? isn't vti single cam'd?

well intersting u say thats dude i suppose its sorta cool that we have a member who has a diff oppinion thats cool dude
    dude whats the diff between the q and the sss???

weight is the difference, a 2 litre Q and a sss have same motor/gearbox/breaks. but, sss has power windows,heavy spoiler,bodykits,4 foglights,sunroof,heavier seats u can definantly notice the difference....

im still a big fan of Vtec.
    i was thinking of selling my car to purchase a type r 99 mod, but we will see.. u guys have to convince me. :P

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    What kind of convincing does it take? Honda reliability and build quality over Nissan... Ummm... track times faster... drags faster... ummm... looks way better and sexier than a Pulsar... ummm.... would you like to run? Hehe...

hell mutha f@kin yeh