Engines making strange noises. Can i get someone to look at it?

Hey there, im new to ozhonda so i dont know too much about my car yet. I recently bought a 98 dc2 vtir and after driving it for about 2 months, i noticed a scraping noise, or something similar, within the engine and also a periodic high pitched whistle from somewhere else. I was wondering if i could visit anyone with a good ear for engine noises could take a look at my car and see whats wrong with it? Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Put your location so people have a better idea

and if youre able to locate the sounds origin we MIGHT be able to diagnose online,just maybe

Oh sorry, im located in melbourne. The noise seems to be coming from the engine. Im scared that the pistons are scraping or something.

The whistling noise is most likely the intake under certain throttle conditions. Does it have a pod filter or aftermarket airfilter/intake pipe?

Does the scraping noise only happen sometimes? Is it more frequent the faster you go? Is it present when the car is stationary?
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    where in melb r u located???

everything is stock and the whistling noise seems to be coming from the lower right hand side of the engine bay, so the corner closer to your left lights.

the scraping noise happens even when its stationary.

im located in the northern suburbs of melbourne, in reservoir, so close to preston and bundoora.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Whistling is possibly a belt, A/C or P/S. Drop some detergent'd water on it while it's spinning. Have done it before, the belt won't just slip off or anything.

Scraping...where is this one coming from? Inside the engine? Maybe that could be the timing belt if it's migrated off the cam gears a bit and is touching the cam cover. Need more info.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dougie_504 again.
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    civic EK9
    Go see Steve at msc or Steve at Hondatec. Both of them are in northern side