Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTIR

bonnet mechanism doesn't close.

Hi guys, has anyone ever had this issue before? The mechanism won't engage so i can't close my bonnet, but sometimes it does close. Please help.

Never seen it...on a Honda. But historically Falcons did it for reasons 1&2. I've seen HQ's refuse to close/refuse to open due to 3.

1. The cable never gets greased. Eventually dust and dirt builds up into a sticky paste and jams the cable in the "open" pulled back position- the lock thinks you are holding the bonnet latch "open". Lube cable and slider and then check that the cable pulls (and springs back!!) when the bonnet lever in the cabin is pulled/released.
    2. When the bonnet shuts on the first click a simple latch drops down over the catch (joined to the lever you have to lift to open the bonnet. It's a safety latch/last resort). Second push on the bonnet- actually rotates a piece that locks the bonnet down into its correct position. Lube where it mounts to the rest of the assembly. Worth the time to also "manually rotate it" and make sure it locks. And unlocks!
    3. Doubt it- but you haven't had the bonnet off recently? Bonnet alignment can cause it to mistrike off center. Adjust and test.
    4.Most obvious- nothing jammed on the bonnet/guard lips like a screw driver?

Tex