Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

s200 driving experience

I drove a friends s2000 the other day.. must say its an amazing car as a wholle...
    The power up top is amazing.. handling orgasmic and revs like a bike.......
    but its very low on torque had to rev it to 3k to get it off the line normally... thats the only thing that lets it down..

Member Array
    Car:
    1988 Prelude
    yeah awesome ars to drive. i think the fact that you hae to take them all the way to get the mot out of them is what makes them so exciting. Like a real race car simulator IMO. As for lack of tourque down low, launching will take care of this problem. They launch fairly had\rd

Yups, the good thing is that if your in the lower revs, all you have to do is downshift, and if its off the line, just launch at 7k. As people have said, its like driving a civic down low, but in the higher revs, its a whole different monster.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra LS
    I havent driven one... yet, but from what ive heard the higher you go in the rev range, the more the car sound like it wants more punishment. aparently its better than sex... should drive one and find out i guess

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    test drove one a few weeks back.... gota say driving it with the top down is awesome! cnt wait till i get mine

When you reach 9k the car feels like it wants to push more and more.. but damn fuel cut LOL.

I would be great if you could rev it up a bit more... Up to 11,000rpm..

ive heard they are capable of revving to 13k but honda limited it to ~9k for obvious reasons
    ie they wanted the motor to last quite some time...

Member Array
    Car:
    89 Prelude
    the modern hondas were built for a thrashing.. i dont understand why the people with older hondas thrash them more than the owners of the newer hondas.
    its a big mystery to me

Quote Originally Posted by crispy
    aparently its better than sex... should drive one and find out i guess
    yeah... mmmkay...

Member Array
    Car:
    usdm whore
    lol...his lacking sex badly...lol...

Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by SECUR1TY
    the modern hondas were built for a thrashing.. i dont understand why the people with older hondas thrash them more than the owners of the newer hondas.
    its a big mystery to me
    ahha...well my reason is i don't give a flying fruit bat, my honda is reliable !!! but i guess if u have a new car u wanan look after it a bit, not taking every corner at 6,000rpm! ahahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by SECUR1TY
    its a big mystery to me
    Old honda's love their thrashing too... ask racinghonda *if he finds this thread*, he use to have a VL Turbo, thrashed it, things kept blowing, like turbo's, engine heads, etc etc, constant problems, and thats a Nissan engine!

Yet his 3rd gen prelude goes well into the redline *to the fuel cut off* daily, and has done for years, and still has basically perfect compression and no engine damage... he does look after it will...

All in all, all honda's love a thrashing, just today did i see a trashy old 70's civic roaring through a 40kmh school zone up near the limiter in 1st... i laughed.

ANd for whoever said a s2000 was like a civic down low... id more saw prelude vtir... similar low torque to the h22a more than the b16... but lighter, and give her a bit of a shake and she shows the 75 grand car she is.