Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2

16x7 +42 wheels no good on EG civic?

I thought these wheels would be fine according to various things i have read, but mine seem to scrubb on the inside when turned full lock to the left. (only in drivers side wheel arch)

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    pm charliebrown, his eg is rolling on similar specs to you.

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    is your car dumped on its ass?
    might need to raise it just a bit or do some minor guard rolling
    WINTON PB - 1:48.9
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

where is it rubbing? look for tyre marks, grind that bit down or cut if it's just the liner. im on 16x7 +40 with 195/45 and just angle grind off whatevers making noises

be water
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    the car is VERY low at the front, i bought it and it had progressive springs on it, and sits very low which gives it a fair bit of camber.
    but the outside of the wheel sits inside the guards at the top, but its the inside of the drivers front wheel that scraps on the inside of the well, can that be rolled?

Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    the car is VERY low at the front, i bought it and it had progressive springs on it, and sits very low which gives it a fair bit of camber.
    but the outside of the wheel sits inside the guards at the top, but its the inside of the drivers front wheel that scraps on the inside of the well, can that be rolled?
    u stancework m8

got a pic of how its sitting and of the bit thats rubbing? you cant do anything bout the inside but cut/grind

could just be springs too soft. are you a heavy bloke? haha

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    nah man im underweight tbh, like 60kg max about 6ft.
    ill try tomorow if i remember, my phone is crap and its raining here pretty bad.... so a picture is difficult

what size tyre. i could see a 205/45 maybe feelin up the inside a bit on full lock. is it a big deal? just a bit of scrub ay nothin tbsp of cement cant solve

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    yeh they are 205/45/16, but it only scrubs on one side, yeh i will just harden up ahah
    Last edited by GU357; 03-09-2012 at 09:41 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK SEDAN
    could be ur wheel alignment. you may have more toe in on the drivers side causing it to scrub the inside of the tyre well cos its turning at full lock. i had the same issue on my ek when i was running 0.2 toe in on the driver side. maybe worth going down to your local tyre shop and getting an alignment done. no need to cut up your car cos of some scrubing.
    Last edited by khoa456; 03-09-2012 at 09:39 PM. Reason: restating statement

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    hmm just had it done, ill check it out.
    but is this set up naturally gonna scrub?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    a 205/45R16 tires is a flat walled on a 16X7 rim, which im running, so if ur dumped a fair bit, with zero finger gap than u need a smaller profile tire.... A 205/45r16 does infact rub against the inner wheel well, an on mine its down to bare metal, so bare that in mind

on a 195/45r16 im not sureee... i will be goin that tire size soon so hopefully it solves the problem
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC