Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    I've tried:
    Set to 20V, like the picture-
    Top: Nothing
    Middle hole: Red wire
    Bottom hole: Black wire

I've placed the black to negative on the battery and red to positive on the battery. No reading was recorded on the volt meter. Tested on two cars.

Faulty voltmeter perhaps?

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Multimeter is probably out of battery.

Dont get so hung up on the multimeter reading, your only running a 2 ch amp your not going to be stressing the charging system at all. I run stock alternator and 2 amps(800 rms) and have no problems, you will be running 150-250rms which is nothing to the charging system.

As drifter said amps dont need 14.4v to run, for example when my car is off and battery is at about 12.5V both my amps still play just fine.
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Some people suggest amps by looking at the specs of the speakers then recommend a amp that matches the speakers. Which is quite risky (it will do the job but probably not the best job) unless the brand is well known such as Focal or Arc Audio.
    What do you mean by this? recommending an amp without knowing the speakers is more risky imo.

you need to know what the speakers are to properly recommend an amp. Ie there is no point getting a 50rms amp for speakers rated at 125rms, you also need to know what ohm the speakers are to see if the amp is capable of driving the power at the ohms you need. Also knowing the price of the speakers helps as there is not a whole lot of point spending top $ for the best of the best when you have entry range speakers.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    I meant something like matching a speaker with the amp- for example, the JVC is suited for the speakers but may not be the best choice (within price range)

But if someone had experience with a specific amp with a similar set of speakers (I assumed that the specs were known)- then I think the results will be better.
    Example: People changed amps because the first one wasn't good then recommend the second one. I had the JVC X but changed to pioneer Y as it sounded better so I recommend Pioneer Y.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that reviews come from experience.
    Good review usually means good product and bad reviews usually means bad product O_O

Edit:
    Oh by the way, some store suggested the JVC amp. So I think they matched the speakers with amp. Maybe that woulda made more sense lol.. Sorry for the confusion!
    So, that's why this thread was made by me. I wanted someone who had experience to give me a review on it
    Last edited by Honda; 12-09-2012 at 02:29 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    On another note!

How did you feed the speaker cable between the door? Did you remove the fender or/and door?

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    On another note!

How did you feed the speaker cable between the door? Did you remove the fender or/and door?
    i pulled the pins out of the door hinges then removed the doors.i drilled a hole through the plug then fed the wiring through, i think ive got some pics somewhere ill see if i can find them tonight.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Awesome! How many screws are there to take out the door? I had a look this afternoon and there is quite a fair few.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Awesome! How many screws are there to take out the door? I had a look this afternoon and there is quite a fair few.
    2 pins per door and it comes off

Edit: forgot there is one bolt to remove too.

Ive pm'ed you some pics but you may just find it easier to remove the fender or try and drill with the door inplace.
    Last edited by TbM; 13-09-2012 at 12:39 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Thanks! I saw the PM.

There is a youtube video that removed the fender: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teGKfcDPwik

Is this the basic drilling idea that you accomplished? It seems care should be taken when drilling the hole on the door side as there as you might hit a wire or something (according to the video desc).

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    yeh thats pretty much it but i pulled the door off by the pins so i didnt have to align anything, i also drilled my holes cleanly.

You can unhook that plug from the door side then if you have your door trim off you can pull it back into the door and out through a service hole to give you better acesss to it, that way you can see the back of the plug and aviod drilling any wires.

the plugs are covered in what i assume is dielectric grease which is really annoying to deal with, either wear gloves or prepare for it to get messy lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Such a tough task of installing a system! Running down on the things I need to do.
    - Take down both doors trims, cut the plastic basket out
    - Take out both fenders and possibly front bumper to access the plugs + cut it correctly and carefully
    - Strip out the interior to run the cables on both sides
    - Take out back seats to run the cables
    - Take the whole front dash thing out and hook up the cables ( BY THE WAY, how do you hook up the remote cable)
    - Crawl around to find a grommet? To feed power cable-
    - OMG it just keeps adding on...

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by TbM View Post
    or try and drill with the door inplace.
    Is it possible to remove the plug with the door in place?