Thread: Leather options

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

Leather options

Hey guys,

So I've noticed that almost every S2000 out there has problems with the leather seats, especially on the driver's side. My passenger side one is okay, but the drivers side is a bit worn out on the side bolster.

I thought about it for a while and came up with a few options:

A) Buy seats in better condition. I've noticed that good condition S2000 seats are hard to come by and can be very steep.
    B) Buy leather skins off eBay. Costs a fair bit and I can imagine them being difficult to install correctly.
    C) Leather repair kit off eBay. Cheapest option, but now sure what the finish would look like.
    D) Take it to a professional leather repairer. No idea of the costs or expected outcome.

Can anybody shed some light on what they have done or what they think the best option is? I ordered a sample leather repair kit off eBay that was only $4, but when I got here it was just small pieces of leather that you were expected to match to what you have so you can send them the code for which one you want.

Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Proper upholstering with good quality leather will run into the thousands.

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    aftermarket seats ;D
    "A good tunning car has to be something you can take out to the streets. The car must be fun, fast, safe on all road condition "
    Keiichi Tsuchiya~

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    You could try Clazzio leather seat covers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda s2000
    many positive reviews with the clazzio seat covers. I'd say go for the aftermarket though haha.

Depends on how bad they are. I had a tear in one of my DC5 airbag seats - longest panel, running along the airbus side. I got quotes from 3 trimmers
    $160 replacing 2 panels
    $150 replacing 1
    $340 replacing one.

Went with the first. Hopefully this gives you an idea.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Thanks, only one panel is bad (drivers side bolster).

Both seats could use some new padding on the sides since they are a bit squashed, but I could probably do that myself.

Where you located? If in western suburbs, vic, I can send you the details of the guy that did mine.