Member Array
    Car:
    eg5

Installing oil sandwich plate

I will be installing an oil sandwich plate + sensors onto a b18c2.

I know I should drain the oil just to be safe, but would it be possible to just let the oil settle to the sump and remove the oil filter, install etc? And not lose a large amount of oil?

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    The oil filter will hold max 1L. So let the car sit with the oil fill cap open, undo the oil filter and you should lose minimal oil.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Not even a litter. But make sure you top up accordingly when done!

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    I did once take out the oil filter after let the car sit for days, the inside of the filter looks new, shinning and all, because the oil drain down to the sump completely. So yes

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Quote Originally Posted by ceekay101 View Post
    The oil filter will hold max 1L. So let the car sit with the oil fill cap open, undo the oil filter and you should lose minimal oil.
    No where near a liter, even when full. Opening the filler cap will do absolutely nothing. Its is not a sealed system. Look up PCV system.

Quote Originally Posted by JDM DC2R View Post
    Not even a litter. But make sure you top up accordingly when done!
    Yes, or at least check the level when done as a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by duzy View Post
    I will be installing an oil sandwich plate + sensors onto a b18c2.

I know I should drain the oil just to be safe, but would it be possible to just let the oil settle to the sump and remove the oil filter, install etc? And not lose a large amount of oil?
    No need to drain the oil out of the sump if thats what your asking. The majority of oil will drain out of the filter back in to the engine when it is off. There will be some oil still in the filter when you unscrew it. Put a tray underneath, use rags, even screw the filter off with a plastic bag over it to catch the oil after you've loosened it.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    unless the filter sits in a vertical position then it will still hold a fair bit of oil but I would say maximum 200ml?

make sure to attach sensor and wiring to sammich plate before threading it to the block! just sayin.
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.