Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    I agree to this notion

if you're obsessed with going fast, learn to do so in a slow car first...
    Yeah, and I loved my Pulsar... Would have loved a Civic more, but oh well.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster

Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5
    thanks a lot guys, like i said earlier im not thinking of going crazy about the power gains. maybe an extra 20-40kw from what it is now? on paper apparently the b18b2 has 107kw but i know its not going to be 107kw for sure. yeah soo stock internals would be fine depending how much power gain im looking for? is that right? i found a few turbo kits on ebay like godspeed and turbonetics i think. anyone has experience with them brands?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Goku View Post
    thanks a lot guys, like i said earlier im not thinking of going crazy about the power gains. maybe an extra 20-40kw from what it is now? on paper apparently the b18b2 has 107kw but i know its not going to be 107kw for sure. yeah soo stock internals would be fine depending how much power gain im looking for? is that right? i found a few turbo kits on ebay like godspeed and turbonetics i think. anyone has experience with them brands?
    if you're doing something as serious as turbocharging, i'd steer clear of ebay
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Quote Originally Posted by Goku View Post
    You can leave all your internals stock and still put a turbo on it and get some good gains, from what i read though. If you want to get the best out of your turbo you should build it yourself or something along those lines and steer away from ebay. Those cheap fake parts will just blow up and **** your car over
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    if you're doing something as serious as turbocharging, i'd steer clear of ebay
    True story
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    On the street, I won't see any problems with handling. Just get better Brake pads, ur dc2 brake are good enough for a mild turbo set up anyway. Just keep it ~7psi and u get get away with standard internal.
    Lsd Not really need for street use, I didn't have LSD before and it was fine on the street.
    U definitely need LSD on track.

Just make sure u service ur car often, keep the engine healthy, It should be fine.

Cooling might be a problem in summer sitting at traffic, but lot of option on cooling anyway. Might also look into oil cooler when u buy a turbo kits.

A secondhand turbo kit I have seen here for $2000 to $6000, installation around ~1500marks if the kits fit without customization. Tuning around $500. It will be cheaper than u swap.

Of course if u want to be safe, upgrade ur suspension and use bigger brakes from wilwood or bb4 prelude brakes.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    7psi will give u around 110kw at the wheels?
    i think i saw a similar set up to that and that was what he was pumping.

but all that just for an extra 20-40kw... have u looked into a supercharger? would that be an easier set up? anyone know?

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    7 PSI on a B18B using a GT2871R or similar should see about 120-150 ATW depending on setup big increase from the 80 or so that you would see as standard. Torque is what makes it fun though....

Turbo has been done so many times before and gives you so many options as compared to supercharging, although a mentioned- torque is fun!
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    why is torque better than horsepower?

does anyone even know the difference?

Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5
    Thanks a lot guys. But I am only thinking of running on 7 psi and probably the max is at 9. Since I am pretty much a no obligation when it comes to turbos, will I be able to get like any sort of turbo to fit in my dc? Or does it have to be like a specific brand that I have to buy that will only suit my car? I would search this on Google before asking but I already did it and it didn't really help. Also, how will I know if day someone was to offer to sell me a turbo kit and he said it will fit on my car. How can I assure that it will? Cause I have no ideas on turbos etc . Thanks again! Sorry to be a pain guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    My car is running 9psi with t3/t4 turbo and pushing 216 fwhp, but it's b18c, I guess u have a b18 gsi? And that's enough on the street consider the uneven road condition you normally see on public roads, and plenty compare to other cars.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    why is torque better than horsepower?

does anyone even know the difference?
    Torque can be seen as pulling power, hp is one major or top speed.
    Hp=torque*rpm, therefore as u revv higher, you get higher hp.

When u floor a b16a non turbo from stand still, that laggy feeling before vtec is because lack of torque.
    So if u have more torque, that lagguage feeling will reduce, it pulls the car harder to higher revv. Hence torque is pulling power.

The other way to look at torque is for example, if u have a civic with 5 people in it, u feel very slow. On the other hand if you have a ute or 4wd with 5people in it, you don't feel the lost in acceleration. Because ute and 4wd have more torque to pull 5 people along.