Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    adding to connor's post, ther eare 2 ways of having high hp - by either having a crazy redling and no torque, or a low redline and heaps of torque. (i.e. a little honda vs a lazy v8)

If i have minimal torque until 7000 RPM, I could have the same power output as a v8 but be heaps slower, so the shape of the torque curve is important, moreso than the peak hp curve. Much like how you consider the RMS power output of a speaker rather than the peak

The torque curve is what you feel on the road
    Last edited by curtis265; 11-09-2012 at 10:45 AM.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goku View Post
    Thanks a lot guys. But I am only thinking of running on 7 psi and probably the max is at 9. Since I am pretty much a no obligation when it comes to turbos, will I be able to get like any sort of turbo to fit in my dc? Or does it have to be like a specific brand that I have to buy that will only suit my car? I would search this on Google before asking but I already did it and it didn't really help. Also, how will I know if day someone was to offer to sell me a turbo kit and he said it will fit on my car. How can I assure that it will? Cause I have no ideas on turbos etc . Thanks again! Sorry to be a pain guys.
    I think if this is your understanding of turbo's...

you need to do a LOT more research instead of just asking other people's opinions.

It would do you well to pick up a turbo101 book and learn about how they actually work, which will help you understand what will or won't fit.

It's pointless to ask, 'will a gt28 or a t517z or a t04 fit my car because x y z' because you need to factor in housing size, manifold size, internal or external gate, clearance, ETC.

Do yourself a favor and read up on existing build things on team-integra for much useful info.
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    I think looking at area under the hp and torque curves are the best induction rather than peak

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    This day- http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...U-20th-October. Will be a great opportunity for you to come along and see what the guys are talking about in the last few posts and possibly also to have a look at a couple of different setups and options
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    here you go mate...

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...or-sale-more-b

Local seller 3.5k and quality parts.
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.