Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i gotta hit vtec to get out of my street in the morning cos too much traffic. what should i do? cuz if warm up den needle high but gbok temp not high
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    charliebrown, i'd suggest installing a dyno in your garage so that you can run the engine gently for a while.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Common topic. Lots of threads already.

Do a search.

In short, idling more than 30seconds is bad.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    i gotta hit vtec to get out of my street in the morning cos too much traffic. what should i do? cuz if warm up den needle high but gbok temp not high
    if it is what im picturing, then shouldnt be a problem because you have to wait for a gap, so your doing just fine idling and waiting.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    Common topic. Lots of threads already.

Do a search.

In short, idling more than 30seconds is bad.
    *Disclaimer? for Fuel injected engines only, carbies follow the regular warm up process
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9
    Hmm..I guess similar along the lines, but if I may hijack this thread for a bit. I only use my car every few days; is it good to warm it up for a few minutes after I haven't used it for 2-3 days?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG8
    Usually start, get hose to get rid of dew. And drive, so about 1 min max. And before turning car off leave it idling for about 30 sec.
    Why don't you tell your daddy to comb his damn hair, look like some spiders is having a meetin' on his head.

Member Array
    Car:
    (.Y.)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2MPRS View Post
    I wait like a few minute before I start driving but even then I baby it because the gearbox is still cold.
    ^ exactly right!
    VTEC Gets You Laid!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    I don't know why people still idle their cars. As someone else said, even the owner's manual advises against it. I certainly don't rev my car for the first, say, ten minutes of driving, but I don't sit there for minutes at a time idling. I've not had anybody knowledgeable advise me to, but several advise me not to.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    ^^^^ some people still drive around in carbie EG's tho.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    I don't know why people still idle their cars. As someone else said, even the owner's manual advises against it. I certainly don't rev my car for the first, say, ten minutes of driving, but I don't sit there for minutes at a time idling. I've not had anybody knowledgeable advise me to, but several advise me not to.
    We all (on average) here are doing basically the same thing - start, let sit for a bit then go.

The term "idling" seems to be thrown around , and should be followed by "....for more than a minute or so..." to imply overly idling , or that which the workshop manual and many smart people suggest against !

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    I did a search on google.

The main problem with letting your car idle too long seems to be the fuel consumption?
    I let my car warm up for 1 min before driving everyday, might chop that to 20 sec now.
    Choke dealer