Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000

Knock Sensor Replacement.

So I got my clutch replaced couple weeks back and recently got a DTC of Knock Sensor Circuit Malfunction. After abit of research it turns out that if the sensor is not well taken car of, even the slightest movement can break it. I called up Honda today, and they are asking $290 dollars for a new sensor, plus labour. I can get it shipped here from the uk for about $130, but i dont want to wait to long for it, as im not driving the car with the faulty sensor. Has this ever happened to anybody here? If so, what path did you take

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I got one from the US. Cost about $50 IIRC.

I wouldn't worry about driving without it. As long as you don't drive at the limit it really won't come into play.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by AusS2000 View Post
    I got one from the US. Cost about $50 IIRC.

I wouldn't worry about driving without it. As long as you don't drive at the limit it really won't come into play.
    Thanks Aus. Ive just ordered one from the States for 85USD. I still dont understand how they come up with 290AUD as a fair price to charge us.
    On another note, i tried telling the mechanics who replaced the clutch that in the process they ruined the sensor, but they didn't want to listen. If i were to pay 290 i would definitely be chasing them up.

Hey buddy!

I had the exact same problem, however I've been driving mine for a couple of months now.

I was told it was alright, but its no good if you was to thrash your car.

I realized there was a Power lost once the CEL light turns on.

Where did you buy yours? i need some hook up.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    hey mate, to be honest my light has gone away and hasnt come back.. Does your show up frequently? I can pass the sellers details on to you.

Account Disabled Array
    The S2000 Knock sensor is the same as the K20A's. We have the knock sensor in stock for anyones that need them.

Common to break due to the plastic design

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Think mines rooted aswell. Wont know until we start the car on the weekend. Hope it doesnt go limp mode on my ass driving 3 hours home
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    290 bux lmao wtf
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by VeYzZii View Post
    So I got my clutch replaced couple weeks back and recently got a DTC of Knock Sensor Circuit Malfunction. After abit of research it turns out that if the sensor is not well taken car of, even the slightest movement can break it. I called up Honda today, and they are asking $290 dollars for a new sensor, plus labour. I can get it shipped here from the uk for about $130, but i dont want to wait to long for it, as im not driving the car with the faulty sensor. Has this ever happened to anybody here? If so, what path did you take
    Broke mine off my k20 after engine swap, bought it cheap from BYP

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    The S2000 Knock sensor is the same as the K20A's. We have the knock sensor in stock for anyones that need them.

Common to break due to the plastic design
    I thought the same too, but i couldnt find a definite answer on the web..
    I took the safer option and bought the S2000 one.

Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    Think mines rooted aswell. Wont know until we start the car on the weekend. Hope it doesnt go limp mode on my ass driving 3 hours home
    As the others said aslong as you dont give the car a thrashing i dont THINK it would come into play.. Dont quote me on it though :P

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    does not matter if you drive it hard or not, the ECU will detect the bad KS and trip the MIL

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    does not matter if you drive it hard or not, the ECU will detect the bad KS and trip the MIL
    I dont think hes worried about getting the CEL on, i think hes more worried about doing some damage to his engine.