Member Array
    Car:
    eg5

changing rear light eg

this may be a noob question but whats the easiest and fastest way to replace my rear light ( outer part: indicator and brake light) for my eg.

ive done the inner lights on the tail boot that flaps out with ease but the outer one has 4 nuts to get into and theres no room to shove my fingers. im scared that i might rip out all the plastic and may break some clips or something.

also.. the inner lights arnt sitting as flush as i want to so does anyone know what would make that fullness look so theres no gaps around the edge?

cheers.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eg b16
    its been a while , but im pretty sure their was only to small bolts , and i think 2 clips holding the outer light in place . I remember just using a 8mm socket with an extension.

for the inner lights , its hard to judge without photos . is the actual light damaged ? if so , it would just be worth buying new lights .
    their could also be garbage around the seals of the light frame.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5
    No lights are damage. Just I wanna change it to the usdm look? I've done the inner ones already but the outer ones are doing my head in

I believe you have to remove the inner plastic panels, you will be able to see the bolts to remove the outer tail lights.
    A good reference deserve a rep.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5
    all done. sliced my finger abit in between the plastic. cheers for that

Quote Originally Posted by javer81 View Post
    I believe you have to remove the inner plastic panels, you will be able to see the bolts to remove the outer tail lights.
    Yea you do, i did the same. You can prob just make out in my pic that the inner panels need to be removed:

EG