Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CAI (pod filter) P Plater

Hey guys
    just wondering if anyones looked into p platers having pod filters in their cars,ive got one that runs down into a enclosed part of the engine bay and isnt inside the stock airbox.
    ive done a bit of reading and seen a thread where some people said it only needs the airbox if its in the engine bay.

anyone able to confirm if airboxes are only needed for pod filters in the engine bay.

Btw i drive a CL9 euro.

cheers

Pod filters are legal if they're enclosed. You should be safe.

Member Array
    Car:
    00' AP1
    you will be fine.

thanks

Will update if i ever get introuble :P

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    Correct the main thing is that they arent exposed. So if its located in the body of the car and you cant physically touch it, its visually legal. BUT due to the excess noise it makes if they do a decibel reading of your intake it may fail. But i highly doubt they would do.

cheers mate , just all my friends saying its illegal haha just trying to get a little conformation.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    lol mate since your a p plater (like i am) any mod is illegal, those rules only apply to full licence people. However most p platers have intakes lol, i gotta cold air intake in my ej8 and im on green p's.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 VTI-R
    I've had P plates for just over a year now and I've had a completely exposed pod the whole time haha. I haven't had my engine checked once so I haven't had any problems, but if you feel you may run in to problems then you should enclose it somehow. Not to mention you'll get better performace with enclosing it anyway. Engine heat is a killer with summer creeping up.

EDIT: I didn't really answer the question haha. Basically I believe it is illegal to have an exposed pod, but I'm too stupid to care at the moment haha.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    gee i miss those p plater days driving around a vtir teg
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1
    you're driving a CL9, cops will look at your engine bay only when you got doof doof, fart fart, scratch scratch and poke poke happening
    Last edited by phuongvu88; 03-10-2012 at 06:21 PM.

If the cops give you crap, just tell them it doesn't give you more power so it's not a performance mod haha

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsrea View Post
    lol mate since your a p plater (like i am) any mod is illegal, those rules only apply to full licence people. However most p platers have intakes lol, i gotta cold air intake in my ej8 and im on green p's.
    Correct, I got done for having a pod filter as well as a few other things, the officers reason was "it makes it like a v8", dafauq is that?? Lol moral of that story is some cops are idiots and will sometimes defect you for things they don't even fully understand. Anyway as said above in a cl9 they will mainly pull you over for noise and lowness, all the fun stuff! Just try not to attract attention an you'll be fine, worst thing they can do is tell you to take it off, if you play dumb and aren't a smart ass it's unlikely they'll fine you on the first time