Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r

Warning about a dc2r for sale at the moment

hey guys just a heads up for an ad on carsales

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...o=Stock&items=[Make:HONDA,Model:INTEGRA,BaseEnabledBadge:TYPE%20R]&sort=~Price

As far as i know from the plates and its wheels, this car is a flood damaged car. The current seller decided not to disclose this with the ad and I'm not blaming this seller for doing so because as always, 'caveat emptor'. Let the buyers beware.

However, the car was regularly serviced before when it was in the hands of the previous owner who kindly acknowledged that it was flood damaged before selling the car.

So, it's just a heads up for potential buyers and I thought this thread would be better on integra section.

beware and happy shopping

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    What damage did the flood do, exactly?

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Wasnt that advertised on here previously?

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?161642-sold

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    What damage did the flood do, exactly?
    I did not own this car so i dont know about that. Even though the damage was not serious, its resale value would be affected and thats what I want others to be careful about

Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    Wasnt that advertised on here previously?

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?161642-sold
    yep that's the car but this seller took off the wing

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    The wing was off before,the caliper painted black too

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    possible flood damage would be rust in chassis i guess
    if engine runs fine and clears all general checks then dont see any problem with buying it.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>DC2R+CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    possible flood damage would be rust in chassis i guess
    if engine runs fine and clears all general checks then dont see any problem with buying it.
    +1 thats true
    JDM is Best

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    Man, you dont go around giving warnings when you dont know what damage did the flood do. I guess the OP is giving it a bad rep.
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    OP is giving a quick courtesy warning, providing information on a car that is not readily communicated by the seller. Yes, the car may be perfectly OK to buy, but having been 'flood' damaged, the price should reflect the issue and be disclosed openly by the seller.

That said, not sure how many people out there still buy cars without checking the title, but it can still save people some coin checking or time going to see a car when they 100% don't want one with a title.

I see nothing wrong in what the OP did. The OP provided the information in an unbiased way and noted that the car was regularly serviced and cared for in it's previous owners hands. No further knowledge from then onwards. He does not pretend to know more than he does, and let's the rest of us (especially potential buyers) make the decision on whether it's worth seeing. I know that I wouldn't buy it unless it was much cheaper. Other examples can be had (or pop up often enough) for a similar price and k's without the title.

Thanks OP.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    OP didnt say anything bad about it,just giving heads up which is what forum is for

Also the seller doesnt mention its write off or been damaged in the ad which is misleading

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    The OP was right to post this, as even if the car is fine, it is misleading for the seller not to mention it. But hey, that's the car market.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    Thanks for the heads up Lee. Purchased this car 7 months ago off one of the forum members here. The car has been driven everyday since with no dramas at all and goes better than great.

The add was a slap together and has been edited with more info and more to come!!

Appreciate the free advertising though
    Last edited by cotts13; 17-09-2012 at 11:05 AM.