Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    if you use small diametre wheels you'll have quicker acceleration but lower top speed and if it's bigger diameter you will have slower acceleration but higher top speed

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED9 CRX
    http://www.teammfactory.com/gearcalc...ission+1+%26+2

Above is a b16a tranny with 4.928 final drive vs 98 spec ITR tranny with 4.785 final. 205/50/15 tyres

Play around with the gear calculator it also helps you to understand gear ratios better.
    Last edited by gen2 CRX; 15-09-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by gen2 CRX View Post
    http://www.teammfactory.com/gearcalc...ission+1+%26+2

Above is a b16a tranny with 4.928 final drive vs 98 spec ITR tranny with 4.785 final. 205/50/15 tyres

Play around with the gear calculator it also helps you to understand gear ratios better.
    Mate that looks right and makes the most sense, i think it may be a b16a gearbox

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    anyway to identify a b16a box from the outside? any stampings or marks?

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED9 CRX
    There are many variables to know for sure if the gearbox is not a factory ITR box.. Maybe your friends tach is really off or he is running a weird size tyre, I dont know.. does he have stock ITR wheels?

The gearbox could even be a JDM 96 spec ITR gear box which has the same ratios as a b16a box but factory LSD with the same marking as a 98 spec ITR and VTI-R (S80). The sticker on the gearbox represents the series/chassis the gearbox is made for NOT the gear ratios. For example. B16A and B16B in a EK4/EK9 body will both have gear box's marked S4C. B16B gear box has same ratios as B16A but NO LSD. Type R gearboxes should have a marking though that they are LSD on the casing of the gear box which can wear away over the years.

Your mates gearbox could even have the 5th gear swapped to a b16a 5th gear which would give you a similar result to b16a gear box with high final drive. The only way to know for sure what 5the gear/final drive without opening the gearbox is to do top speed test of both cars and I dont recommend this on the street haha

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    i know he said it is an lsd,and he bought it to replace his ****ed gearbox in his ITR, his car has only done 100k kms, and i think he was using stock wheels.... speedo couldnt be out that much

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    mine revs at 3900 at 100km/h on stock taco, yet my apexi unit says im only revving at 3500. So the taco is out. Im running 2001 dc2R Audm with 205/50/15