Brakes gone. Which part to fix ?

Hey guys,

The del sol's brakes are gone. Just wanna know if anyone has an idea what's broken.
    Now the car still brakes fine when cold, but once its warm it just sinks slowly to the floor. I wanna know if its the brake booster failing on me or the master cylinder.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dwn_boi View Post
    not quite sure how to spell but taste mad, its hard on the outside and creamy on the inside omfg so good

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    do you loose pressure when u brake? ie: press the pedal all the way to the floor???

Yeah pressure all disappears. It is leaking. I can see the corrosion front the fluid.
    not quite sure how to spell but taste mad, its hard on the outside and creamy on the inside omfg so good

brake booster issue would harden the brake pedal (no air from inlet manifold assisting the pedal) - so its likely the master cylinder is shot.
    Investigate - make sure there are no other leaks - then look at rebuilding or replacing the master cylinder

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9,DA3,EG,DA9
    as bennjamin said, sounds like a master cylinder problem.
    are you losing much fluid? if you are could also be wheel cylinders or lines leaking. but if not then yea.. Master cylinder

Def the master cylinder then. Cos I can see leak/corrosion in the booster.

If I replaced te whole thing to a teg gsi system would that be bigger and also work ? Even a vtir one.

easiest to replace the master cylinder with a compatible one - next go for the vtir or gsi booster + master cylinder combo. Alittle more firmness in braking.

Sahweet ! I can get a hold of one too. Thanks benni !