Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8

Oil sandwich problems?

Ok so i hit into a problem... im tryna tap a oil pressure sensor, using a sandwich plate, an things turned for the worse..

long story short, i installed it, having the rubber o ring on the block an to the sandwhich plate, an plate to the filter, had the sensor an gauge plugged in an all wired, started it up for 2 seconds, i hear a weird noise, shut the motor asap, an look down an i see oil pissing every where... FML

I dunno what happened, was the sandwich plate not tight enough? Nothing popped off, oil filter was still tight on

I reverted back to oem filter setup with no sandwhich plate as i still need the car to drive... -_-

The motor is fine, nothing wrong the engine still had oil in it, so it didnt starve, lucky!

I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    7x CRX, 1x EK
    Hey bro
    sorry I can't help but just wanted to sus it out
    My style

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Were the sensor and blanks sealed properly? When you said 'tap an oil pressure sensor' did you actually tap a different/new thread? Are the plate threads (pitch etc) the same as your sensor thread? Have you cross threaded it? Sealant on the threads?
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    where is it coming out from??? all around the sandwich plate or where u placed the sensor???
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by DLO01 View Post
    Were the sensor and blanks sealed properly? When you said 'tap an oil pressure sensor' did you actually tap a different/new thread? Are the plate threads (pitch etc) the same as your sensor thread? Have you cross threaded it? Sealant on the threads?
    only used 1 of the 3 holes that were tapped an threaded on the sandwich plate for the oil pressure gauge..... It is the same size thread for both, sandwich plate and sensor, i did use PTFE for all bolts that were used to seal up the remanding holes that were in used, an tighten well down as well as the sensor itself

I dont believe its the sensor or blank holes which are sealed to be leaking as i leaked alot of oil, enough oil to not show up on the dip stick, but i could be wrong, gonna re tighten down everything again

Does the centre bolt that holds the sandwhich plate and filter scews on have a certain tightness to it? i hand tighten than use a wrench to tighten further

cheers
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by Riced_Civic View Post
    where is it coming out from??? all around the sandwich plate or where u placed the sensor???
    seems like around the sandwich plate, hard to tell with the amount of oil dripping lol, the sensor and blank holes which filled with them little bolts, i used ptfe on the threads as recommended
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    ok when you took off your oil filter the first time to install the sanwich plate did you check to see if the seal on the oil filter came off or not??

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    I always bolted the center bolt to the filter itself first. They screw the whole lot on the engine together, hand tight, like you would do without the plate.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    ahh cheers guys will re-attempt it 2morrw, an this time ill double check everything an if all fails, most likely will hit the mechanics for it
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    7x CRX, 1x EK
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    ahh cheers guys will re-attempt it 2morrw, an this time ill double check everything an if all fails, most likely will hit the mechanics for it
    Hey bro how did you go with setting it up again
    My style

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 2BSEEN View Post
    Hey bro how did you go with setting it up again
    nah didnt bother with it yet as been busy lately but when im free def gonna reattemp it
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Turbo 85 Civic
    This is a bit off topic but what is the bolt thing called? And where would you be able to get just that without the sandwhich plate?

I have a sweet thermostat sandwhich plate and need a new 'thing' to fit engine.

Cheers
    Luke