Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?

P0500 VSS (vehicle speed sensor) CEL...help me clear it!

Hi guys,

my Jazz is throwing the above CEL however the VSS is working fine? Speedo works fine. I had it read and cleared at a work shop but it came back.

Could it be something else (i.e. o2 sensor?) that is making this code throw fault?

Anyone in melb have a scanner handy thats willing to help? I'll pay!
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.

if you just want to clear it, disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes should get ride of the CEL, if there is a problem though it'll just come back though

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    If u want a scanner just buy one off eBay for like 15bucks and clear it yourself.
    The CEL will keep coming back though if u don't fix it.
    But the OBD2 scanner is always a good tool have in the garage if u ever want read your cars ecu and find error codes

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    problem is like I've said the error comes up as vehicle speed sensor. I have replaced it but it is still coming up.

If there was actually something wrong with it my speedo wouldn't work
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.

maybe the wirings broken somewhere that leads to the VSS, so it'll have a connection sometimes and sometimes it doesnt, get a multimeter play with your wires and check for continuity

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    it might be the VSS signal to the ecu thats damaged, rather then the one to the cluster.
    - cant remember how its wired on the Jazz.

but definately get one of them bluetooth obd2 tools on ebay, and buy the Torque app for android. you can watch your speed and rpm from your phone + delete/check codes.

how do you know its the VSS code?
    who is telling you.