Exclamation Prelude Catalytic converter help /w PICS

Hey i was just wondering what that hole in the cat is, i need a cat converter and someone wants to sell me this cat. Btw im talking about the 3rd pic. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xforcecat2quarterinch.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	22992
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xforcecat2quarterinch2.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	22993
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xforcecat2quarterinch3.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	22994

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    It's either deteriorated weirdly or someone's poked a hole in it trying to improve flow.

Does it rattle around?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Its deteriorated and no longer working properly. Dont bother buying it

Find one in good condition

Regards, Dr Klahn

curtis i havnt bought it yet so dont know but my current one rattles which is why im getting another, and ekvtir thanks i wont buy it.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    You should be able to get a 2nd hand one from an exhaust shop and they won't charge you much more to weld it on.
    OEM parts whore

i found a cat converter gonna go down to buy it today, 2nd hand from a wrecking yard for $150.. Should be alright. @grifty Ive been down to a exhaust shop and they offered me $350 for a custom cat converter with bigger cells, didn't buy that but.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by ownagg3d View Post
    i found a cat converter gonna go down to buy it today, 2nd hand from a wrecking yard for $150.. Should be alright. @grifty Ive been down to a exhaust shop and they offered me $350 for a custom cat converter with bigger cells, didn't buy that but.
    I got a 'bigger cell' cat for $170 on ebay and was charged $100 for the installation.

$350's a lot
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

i can get hand work for free so thats no problem, im just looking for the cat

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    By 2nd hand. should be no holes like that in 3rd picture. when u get it put it up to the sun or bright light and look through it. Make sure its not blocked ect. Should be able to slightly see light on a oem cat!

Also i brought this. And installed myself when doin my exhaust. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TEGIWA-SP...item2a0a22ed60.

Id stay away from a exhaust shop. Always best to bolt things on. If any part of the exhaust ever has to be changed. A couple of bolts is better then cut and re weld!

Also quick fix, get a broom stick and bash all the crap out. It will stop the raddle sound. Make it flow better. But cops can defect you something like 10G for running no cat!

yeah i know ive heard a cat without the filter its soo loud and all the pressure goes to the exhaust and makes that slightly rattle