Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Ok thanks for the information provided against BYP, I fear that suggestions will be made based on someone having no actual experience so thanks for your honesty Joey. at the end of the day I'm going to be building a 400whp car that if not done correctly could prove fatal, I need to be able to put my trust into someone and being a mechanic myself I want the work to be carried out to the same high standard that I provide on a daily basis. The chosen mechanic/engineer must also be open to positive input from myself, and not disregard anything I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    you wanna build what engine?
    big bhp d series?

pm thesaint, he's the master of d series engine
    Yes mocchi the engine in question will be a d16. Is "the saint" associated with BYP by any chance?

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by d-series-Mike View Post
    Yes mocchi the engine in question will be a d16. Is "the saint" associated with BYP by any chance?
    lmao.
    no thesaint is a user here, not related to byp at all.
    400hp d series cot daym man

how big is your budget
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    This guy has been swayed off BYP from one persons account which may or may not be accurate...

Plenty of people vouch for byp,they even have a thread about it

Dude you need to research long and hard since youre going to be putting a big chunk of coin into the project,look at workshops history and accomplishments and go and talk to them in person to get a feel

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Joeybrah please dont twist my words, I was offered a basic package for 10k, I wanted more, so I paid more, though no 20k lol.

I agree with mocchi, pm the saint
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

I have all parts to complete the build,with masses of help from the Honda-tech die hards over in the US, total cost so far is a few bucks under 2k excluding turbo,exhaust and machine shop work, obviously tuning on top. I can do everything myself besides the sleeves and engine machining, but I dont have space or time. A separate thread will be made soon but I hate sharing as it usually leads to whining bitches who don't know a thing about how an engine works adding there 2 cents which usually doesn't have anything to with anything!! Total spend, oosht, looking to be in the region of 6k which will also include suspension, brakes and tyres.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    sounds hard ay 400hp sohc d series
    dont think it can happen
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    sounds hard ay 400hp sohc d series
    dont think it can happen
    It's not, it's actually quite easy. I've been extremely lucky with parts over the past few months, bagged some absolute bargains, I guess when you lock yourself in a room and don't take your eyes off dseries.org and hondatech.com for weeks on end you learn how to save yourself a heap of cash. I will consider BYP, I will go for a visit and make my own decision from there.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosies View Post
    Care to share your story with Charlie from GPC?
    Cheers
    No problems. Here is a PM I wrote awhile ago. It was called

"Charlie the Serpent"

Hey bro,

Here's my recount of experiences with Charlie.

Many moons ago when I was noob, I blew my K20a2 and came to him for a K24A3.
    He said my K20 was completely ****ed and there was nothing that can be salvaged and I was dumb enough to trust him.
    My K20A2 head, which Im sure you know is worth A LOT and hard to come by was fine. He only ever showed me the block with holes in it.
    So yea jipped me out of about my first $800

2, when he did my engine conversion he didnt do it properly. He just rattle gunned all the bolts like a lazy ****. NOTHING was torqued to spec. It was all over torqued.

3, I asked him if I would need a KPRO and engine mounts. He said no. I argued but he gave me the im a mechanic bs. I gave him
    Next thing you know im throwing up CEL lights and my engine is clunking because the stock mounts are shit.
    I bet he told me a lie to get me to come back so he could get me with labour.

4. Tried to sabotage my gb by removing the input shaft bearing. DELIBERATE attempt to get me to blow my gb and come back.

Thats all I can think of for now.

This is why I hate Charlie the bush pig at Good Performance Centre. And his bro Vinny. Never liked the look of that ****.

Daz

* Also told me I wouldnt need an ecu for hte conversion, I knew I did an argued. But he convinced me it wasnt required.
    Started up my car

NEK MINIT

Check engine light.
    Choke dealer

Thanks for sharing DakDak, much appreciated.

Member Array
    Car:
    G6E turbo
    toda au paint my brake caliper red,not bad job only few drip
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    Dyno Dave